Hello all,

Can anyone give me a hint on how to specify an IPv6 address in an
rsync address literal - the colon character is already used to
seperate the host name from the remote directory AFAICT... I get, e.g.

rsync -Cavb 3ffe:502:420:120::2:/home/cam/dev/proj
3ffe: Unknown host
rsync: connection unexpectedly closed (0 bytes read so far)
rsync error: error in rsync protocol data stream (code 12) at
io.c(150)

Found some discussion of patches for this from the KAME project but
these don't seem to have been propagated to my (admittedly old)
version altho' there is clearly IPv6 support:

rsync version 2.5.5 protocol version 26
Copyright (C) 1996-2002 by Andrew Tridgell and others

Capabilities: 64-bit files, socketpairs, hard links, symlinks,
batchfiles,
IPv6, 64-bit system inums, 64-bit internal inums

V grateful for any pointers...

(Given lack of IPv6 /etc/hosts currently looking at building bind9 for
my ipv6 test network - pain. I'll have to do it at some point but
surely not just so I can use rsync?! Anyway, would it necessarily fix
this problem?)

cheers,
cam