Hi-

I've been trying to setup an rsync server on a WinXP box so that I
can sync files between my desktop and laptop. I'm starting rsync as:

rsync --server --daemon --no-detach .

from a command prompt.

but I can never connect to it -- even "telnet localhost 873" doesn't
work. It seems that rsync is listening on stdin, rather than
listening on a socket.

When I type at it I immediately get an error message --
@ERROR: protocol startup error

Is there anything special I need to do to convince rsync to use a
socket instead of stdin/stdout? The only info I can find in the
documentation says that in daemon mode it will test stdin in to see
if it is a socket. Presumably it is failing this test, and therefore
should be starting its own socket, right?

-Matthew