rsync --delete not working - Tools

This is a discussion on rsync --delete not working - Tools ; I am currently pushing a directory "/production" from a client to two rsync servers. Version: rsync version 2.5.6 protocol version 26 OS: Solaris 8 64bit Unfortunately, for some reason, the --delete option is not working, I have no excluded files. ...

  1. rsync --delete not working

    I am currently pushing a directory "/production" from a client to two
    rsync servers.

    Version: rsync version 2.5.6 protocol version 26

    OS: Solaris 8 64bit

    Unfortunately, for some reason, the --delete option is not working, I
    have no excluded files. Could someone shed some light on this, I would
    like files that are deleted on the client "/production" to also be
    deleted from the two servers "/production" directory trees.
    Here is my command syntax and .conf

    client
    /usr/local/bin/rsync --verbose --stats --progress --recursive --times
    --owner --
    group --perms --links --whole-file --delete --delete-excluded
    --password-file=/.
    rsync_password /production/* rsync://pub@servcon/production/

    server rsyncd.conf
    max connections = 2
    log file = /var/adm/rsync.log
    timeout = 300

    [production]
    comment = PROD RSYNC
    path = /production/
    read only = no
    list = yes
    uid = root
    gid = alliance
    hosts allow = prod-server
    auth users = pub
    secrets file = /etc/rsyncd.secrets

  2. Re: rsync --delete not working

    Quote Originally Posted by unix View Post
    client
    /usr/local/bin/rsync --verbose --stats --progress --recursive --times
    --owner --
    group --perms --links --whole-file --delete --delete-excluded
    --password-file=/.
    rsync_password /production/* rsync://pub@servcon/production/
    Remove the shell wildcard --delete doesn't work with it.

+ Reply to Thread