Some domain questions... - TCP-IP

This is a discussion on Some domain questions... - TCP-IP ; I am hosting my own site with Small HTTP server, I have dial-up (dynamic IP) and it changes everytime I reconnect. I use BalidDNS to update it, but I want a DNS updater that automaticly updates everytime I connect to ...

  1. Some domain questions...

    I am hosting my own site with Small HTTP server, I have dial-up
    (dynamic IP) and it changes everytime I reconnect. I use BalidDNS to
    update it, but I want a DNS updater that automaticly updates everytime
    I connect to the internet.

    I also want a service that allows me to add sub domains my current sub
    domain, (I use dynds) I have my subdomain zentec.ath.cx, I want to add
    sub domains it it (such as mac.projects.zentec.ath.cx). Is there a
    service that does that?

    Also, a update client that can update every certain amount of time.

  2. Re: Some domain questions...

    In article <1143150251.842443.124190@j33g2000cwa.googlegroups. com>,
    "Uplink" wrote:

    > I am hosting my own site with Small HTTP server, I have dial-up
    > (dynamic IP) and it changes everytime I reconnect. I use BalidDNS to
    > update it, but I want a DNS updater that automaticly updates everytime
    > I connect to the internet.
    >
    > I also want a service that allows me to add sub domains my current sub
    > domain, (I use dynds) I have my subdomain zentec.ath.cx, I want to add
    > sub domains it it (such as mac.projects.zentec.ath.cx). Is there a
    > service that does that?

    DynDNS.ORG does this.

    > Also, a update client that can update every certain amount of time.

    Why?

    --
    Barry Margolin, barmar@alum.mit.edu
    Arlington, MA

  3. Re: Some domain questions...

    >Why?

    Because I have dial-up, I don't want to keep loading the update client
    everytime I connect, isn't there a IP update client that will automatily
    update my IP when I connect?