Domain name registration ethics - TCP-IP

This is a discussion on Domain name registration ethics - TCP-IP ; When you have an IPS register your domain name for a fee is there a rule or unwritten rule that that domain name belongs to you. Having an issue with an ISP that will not give a domain name back ...

  1. Domain name registration ethics

    When you have an IPS register your domain name for a fee is there a
    rule or unwritten rule that that domain name belongs to you. Having an
    issue with an ISP that will not give a domain name back when we moved
    from their service as he had it registered in his company's name

    Any info appreciated.

  2. Re: Domain name registration ethics

    In article <1142527017.630341.43710@i39g2000cwa.googlegroups.c om>,
    wrote:
    >When you have an IPS register your domain name for a fee is there a
    >rule or unwritten rule that that domain name belongs to you.

    What did the contract state?

    >Having an issue with an ISP that will not give a domain name back
    >when we moved from their service as he had it registered in his
    >company's name

    Who is the Registrant? Who is the Administrative Contact? Who is the
    Technical Contact? Do you have anything to support your claim that
    they registered it on your behalf?

    Have you read thru the Domain Name Dispute Resolution Policies
    http://www.icann.org/udrp/

    --
    -- Rod --
    rodd(at)polylogics(dot)com