Domain name registration - TCP-IP

This is a discussion on Domain name registration - TCP-IP ; On Wed, 8 Mar 2006 12:39:41 +0000, Usenet wrote (in article ): > And > > reading through PIPEX's t&c's it says that (in the case of name > registration) what they do (& just about all they do) is ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 24 of 24

  1. Re: Domain name registration

    On Wed, 8 Mar 2006 12:39:41 +0000, Usenet wrote
    (in article ):

    > And
    >
    > reading through PIPEX's t&c's it says that (in the case of name
    > registration) what they do (& just about all they do) is pass the
    > application on to the relevant naming authority!
    >
    > Is this really such a difficult thing that we can't do it ourselves
    > directly?

    Nothing to stop you AFAIK, but I think you will find it far more expensive -
    look at Nominet's home page - 80GBP plus VAT per domain. 123-Reg charges
    less than a tenth of that.

    --
    Sally in Shropshire, UK
    http://www.whitton-stmarys.org.uk

  2. Re: Domain name registration

    Fleeing from the madness of the jungle
    Sally Thompson stumbled into
    and said:

    > On Wed, 8 Mar 2006 12:39:41 +0000, Usenet wrote
    > (in article ):
    >
    >> And
    >>
    >> reading through PIPEX's t&c's it says that (in the case of name
    >> registration) what they do (& just about all they do) is pass the
    >> application on to the relevant naming authority!
    >>
    >> Is this really such a difficult thing that we can't do it ourselves
    >> directly?

    > Nothing to stop you AFAIK, but I think you will find it far more
    > expensive -
    > look at Nominet's home page - 80GBP plus VAT per domain. 123-Reg charges
    > less than a tenth of that.

    ahh yes - .uk is one of the easy ones. the hoops one must jump through to
    register a .com (for example) are not so trivial:
    http://www.icann.org/registrars/accr...on-process.htm

    --
    William Tasso

    whither a trophy?

  3. Re: Domain name registration

    In article <0001HW.C034B297008259FBF0284550@news.individual.ne t>, Sally
    Thompson wrote:
    > I have registered three domains with them with absolutely no trouble.
    > Excellent service and not expensive.

    I bit the bullet this afternoon and transferred a domain there for
    registration. They've got a "sale" on at the moment it says. It claims
    they normally charge a fiver for transferring in and it's free now...

    Seemed ok, everything automatic, whole job (transfer out of ISP, transfer
    in to 123, renew my registration) within an hour (credit card transaction
    wouldn't go through immediately (?), and for just over six quid, rather
    than the risible 52+ that P***N*t quoted...

    :-)
    Mark Stanton
    One small step for mankind...

  4. Re: Domain name registration

    You don't HAVE to get a domain, you can get a free sub domain at dyndns.com
    or no-ip.org. I recommend the free account on dyndns.com because it has no
    ads, I use the .ath.cx (zentec.ath.cx is my site and it works fine)

    "Water Cooler v2" wrote in message
    news:1141539741.411961.172800@p10g2000cwp.googlegr oups.com...
    >I want to create my own new website. I believe I first have to register
    > a domain name. I looked up Google and got a lot of links to websites
    > that let you register a domain name. I am asking for advise on whether
    > the cost to register is the only criteria for choosing a domain
    > registrar or is there some particular widely popular choice?
    >
    > What're the few best choices? Thanks!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2