Zoneedit.com out ! - TCP-IP

This is a discussion on Zoneedit.com out ! - TCP-IP ; It seems that the DNS server zoneedit.com isn't working since this morning. As my own web site has a dynamic IP, it is not visible any more. I wonder if other people are in my situation, and what can we ...

  1. Zoneedit.com out !

    It seems that the DNS server zoneedit.com isn't working since this
    morning.

    As my own web site has a dynamic IP, it is not visible any more.

    I wonder if other people are in my situation, and what can we do ?

    Is it a temprorary problem ? 6 hours of unavailability it's huge !

    Oliv.

  2. Re: Zoneedit.com out !

    It seems that it is up now : 7 hours of unavaillability...

  3. Re: Zoneedit.com out !

    In article <1141218661.328743.305250@v46g2000cwv.googlegroups. com>,
    Oliv <26zgvpe02@sneakemail.com> wrote:
    >It seems that the DNS server zoneedit.com isn't working since this
    >morning.

    Thats why proper DNS configurations have slave servers on separate
    networks so the loss on one server isn't critical.

    >As my own web site has a dynamic IP, it is not visible any more.

    Thats why servers use static IP addresses so they can have long TTLs.

    --
    -- Rod --
    rodd(at)polylogics(dot)com

+ Reply to Thread