Looking for statistics - TCP-IP

This is a discussion on Looking for statistics - TCP-IP ; Hi, I'm looking for the following stats: 1) Domain name resolving 2) Domain name not resolving I need to put together this info for a paper i'm working on. So I would like your help in possbily finding this information. ...

  1. Looking for statistics

    Hi,

    I'm looking for the following stats:

    1) Domain name resolving
    2) Domain name not resolving

    I need to put together this info for a paper i'm working on. So I
    would like your help in possbily finding this information.

    Where would this info reside?

    At the ISP dns? or root dns? for the domain name lookups a user
    inputs?
    (example: if a user types apple.com, is that information going to
    reside on the ISP side which caches it, and the ISP can provide how
    many times apple.com was accecced from their DNS cahce?. How about on
    the root server, similar method?)

    And is this data public domain or proprietary?

    Finally, if this is not the right group, which one is?

    I highly appreciate any help and suggestions you might provide.

    Peter.

  2. Re: Looking for statistics

    Peter S. wrote:
    > Hi,

    > Finally, if this is not the right group, which one is?

    comp.protocols.dns.bind
    comp.protocols.dns.std

    --
    Madhur Ahuja [madhurahujayahoocom]