DYNU.com takes a dive and leaves customers high and dry - TCP-IP

This is a discussion on DYNU.com takes a dive and leaves customers high and dry - TCP-IP ; Looks like DYNU.com has silently dissapeared, all the servers are down and there is no-one answering their support line. Anyone else here a badly damaged customer ? I noticed Sunderram Sharma (sunderram@dynu.com) AKA John Stacey (ssharma@chumbo.com) has been posting here ...

  1. DYNU.com takes a dive and leaves customers high and dry

    Looks like DYNU.com has silently dissapeared, all the servers are down
    and there is no-one answering their support line. Anyone else here a
    badly damaged customer ?

    I noticed Sunderram Sharma (sunderram@dynu.com) AKA John Stacey
    (ssharma@chumbo.com) has been posting here a lot promoting his
    service, kindest condolences to anyone that took him up on his offer.

  2. Re: DYNU.com takes a dive and leaves customers high and dry

    Man that blows I was using this since way back in the day.....Know of
    anything else I can use?

    david.taylor@austrac.gov.au (Dave Taylor) wrote in message news:...
    > Looks like DYNU.com has silently dissapeared, all the servers are down
    > and there is no-one answering their support line. Anyone else here a
    > badly damaged customer ?
    >
    > I noticed Sunderram Sharma (sunderram@dynu.com) AKA John Stacey
    > (ssharma@chumbo.com) has been posting here a lot promoting his
    > service, kindest condolences to anyone that took him up on his offer.

  3. Re: DYNU.com takes a dive and leaves customers high and dry

    david.taylor@austrac.gov.au (Dave Taylor) wrote in message news:...
    > Looks like DYNU.com has silently dissapeared, all the servers are down
    > and there is no-one answering their support line. Anyone else here a
    > badly damaged customer ?

    Yup. I've got about six domains using dynu to point to my main
    server. Heck I even registered one Sunday evening. I've been using
    dynu for about four years now and never had problems until the last
    year...six months ago things were intermittent for a few days, and
    then it started happening again in August, with the last few days
    being the worst.

    Now I've lost all patience. Can anyone recommend a free and reliable
    dns redirection service?

  4. Re: DYNU.com takes a dive and leaves customers high and dry

    I've been using Dynu.com for about 2 years now and became fed up after
    this week's events. I've switched my domain to dyndns.org. They appear
    to be located in the US and I thought their site was very responsive
    (unlike Dynu), and it was easy to transfer my domain.

    Good luck...

    chrislamothe@gmail.com (Christopher Lamothe) wrote in message news:<4ed7c2f4.0408241057.3da033a9@posting.google.com>...
    > david.taylor@austrac.gov.au (Dave Taylor) wrote in message news:...
    > > Looks like DYNU.com has silently dissapeared, all the servers are down
    > > and there is no-one answering their support line. Anyone else here a
    > > badly damaged customer ?

    > Yup. I've got about six domains using dynu to point to my main
    > server. Heck I even registered one Sunday evening. I've been using
    > dynu for about four years now and never had problems until the last
    > year...six months ago things were intermittent for a few days, and
    > then it started happening again in August, with the last few days
    > being the worst.
    >
    > Now I've lost all patience. Can anyone recommend a free and reliable
    > dns redirection service?

  5. Re: DYNU.com takes a dive and leaves customers high and dry

    jim.osborne@ptcinc.com (Jim Osborne) wrote in message news:<3c6420fa.0408250724.18330f20@posting.google.com>...
    > I've been using Dynu.com for about 2 years now and became fed up after
    > this week's events. I've switched my domain to dyndns.org. They appear
    > to be located in the US and I thought their site was very responsive
    > (unlike Dynu), and it was easy to transfer my domain.
    >
    > Good luck...
    >
    > chrislamothe@gmail.com (Christopher Lamothe) wrote in message news:<4ed7c2f4.0408241057.3da033a9@posting.google.com>...
    > > david.taylor@austrac.gov.au (Dave Taylor) wrote in message news:...
    > > > Looks like DYNU.com has silently dissapeared, all the servers are down
    > > > and there is no-one answering their support line. Anyone else here a
    > > > badly damaged customer ?

    > > Yup. I've got about six domains using dynu to point to my main
    > > server. Heck I even registered one Sunday evening. I've been using
    > > dynu for about four years now and never had problems until the last
    > > year...six months ago things were intermittent for a few days, and
    > > then it started happening again in August, with the last few days
    > > being the worst.
    > >
    > > Now I've lost all patience. Can anyone recommend a free and reliable
    > > dns redirection service?

    i had the exact same problem and also registered with dyndns.org. My
    domain was up within 30 minutes of transferring.

    Jess

  6. Re: DYNU.com takes a dive and leaves customers high and dry

    dyndns.org is great. I was able to get a domain set up with them and
    my NetGear router updates with them automatically so I don't have to
    run any programs on client computers all is well in da hood.

    jess_164@hotmail.com (Jess) wrote in message news:<1a1734a2.0408272141.66c3db82@posting.google.com>...
    > jim.osborne@ptcinc.com (Jim Osborne) wrote in message news:<3c6420fa.0408250724.18330f20@posting.google.com>...
    > > I've been using Dynu.com for about 2 years now and became fed up after
    > > this week's events. I've switched my domain to dyndns.org. They appear
    > > to be located in the US and I thought their site was very responsive
    > > (unlike Dynu), and it was easy to transfer my domain.
    > >
    > > Good luck...
    > >
    > > chrislamothe@gmail.com (Christopher Lamothe) wrote in message news:<4ed7c2f4.0408241057.3da033a9@posting.google.com>...
    > > >
    > > > Yup. I've got about six domains using dynu to point to my main
    > > > server. Heck I even registered one Sunday evening. I've been using
    > > > dynu for about four years now and never had problems until the last
    > > > year...six months ago things were intermittent for a few days, and
    > > > then it started happening again in August, with the last few days
    > > > being the worst.
    > > >
    > > > Now I've lost all patience. Can anyone recommend a free and reliable
    > > > dns redirection service?

    > i had the exact same problem and also registered with dyndns.org. My
    > domain was up within 30 minutes of transferring.
    >
    > Jess

+ Reply to Thread