DNS Error. Help! - TCP-IP

This is a discussion on DNS Error. Help! - TCP-IP ; Hi, I am strugling with the following issue for the past 4 days with my dialup internet connection. For the past 4 days, when I try open any (valid) web page (after doing a successful internet connection) from my Windows ...

  1. DNS Error. Help!

    Hi,

    I am strugling with the following issue for the
    past 4 days with my dialup internet connection.

    For the past 4 days, when I try open any (valid)
    web page (after doing a successful internet
    connection) from my Windows 2000 operating system, the
    following message is displayed in my Internet Expolrer
    6.
    The page cannot be displayed
    :
    :
    Cannot find server or DNS Error
    Internet Expolrer

    Also I couldnt retrive or send any emails from my
    Windows 2000 Outlook Express 6, which says the error
    message like it couldnt able to connect to the pop3
    and smtp servers, even though the internet connection
    is existing.

    I didnt do any install/uninstall in my system for the
    past 3-4 weeks
    I am having all the latest security updates adviced by
    microsoft
    I am having the latest virus update in my Norton
    Antivirus corporate Edition

    After the problem occured
    1. I re-created my dialup conection and with the new
    connection also i am getting the same problems.
    2. I re-installed the TCP/IP and with the newly
    installed TCP/IP protocol, i am getting the same
    problems.
    3. I am able to 'ping'/'tracert' all valid IPs
    4. But I couldnt be able to ping domain names (eg.
    www.yahoo.com)
    5. When I tried to 'nslookup', it says, it couldnt
    resolve the names of the DNS IPs provided by the ISP
    and also not able to locate the default DNS IP.

    What might be the possibe issue?
    I request you to help me.

    With Regards
    R.Padmakumar

  2. Re: DNS Error. Help!

    "R.Padmakumar" wrote in message

    > 5. When I tried to 'nslookup', it says, it couldnt
    > resolve the names of the DNS IPs provided by the ISP
    > and also not able to locate the default DNS IP.

    Most likely your ISP has been sold, the DNS IPs have changed and you need to
    call to get new addresses to use.

    /Chris

  3. Re: DNS Error. Help!

    Could also be your bandwidth if your using hosting, they'll suspend your
    account if you go over your bandwith limit and nothing on your site will
    work.

    Or if your talking about other people's sites, listen to the guy that
    posted the first response.

    Matt

+ Reply to Thread