Howto find a nameserver for a webhosting site - TCP-IP

This is a discussion on Howto find a nameserver for a webhosting site - TCP-IP ; Can someone tell me how to find a name server for a webhosting company via the internet without email the company. thank you...

  1. Howto find a nameserver for a webhosting site

    Can someone tell me how to find a name server for a webhosting company via
    the internet without email the company.
    thank you

  2. Re: Howto find a nameserver for a webhosting site

    mike wrote:
    > Can someone tell me how to find a name server for a webhosting company via
    > the internet without email the company.
    > thank you

    dig NS| grep -i ns

    WIll give something like :
    > dig ikea.se ns | grep -i "ns"

    ; <<>> DiG 9.2.3 <<>> ikea.se ns
    ;; global options: printcmd
    ;; Got answer:
    ;; flags: qr rd ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 2, AUTHORITY: 0, ADDITIONAL: 1
    ;ikea.se. IN NS
    ;; ANSWER SECTION:
    ikea.se. 86400 IN NS gatekeeper.ikea.com.
    ikea.se. 86400 IN NS auth210.ns.uu.net.

    where "gatekeeper.ikea.com." and "auth210.ns.uu.net." is nameservers for "ikea.se"

    --
    Peter Håkanson