Registering A Domain Name? - TCP-IP

This is a discussion on Registering A Domain Name? - TCP-IP ; Where is the best place (or what is the best way) to register a domain name? Thanks! Steve gfrX92y@yahoo.com Remove the "X" to send me an email....

  1. Registering A Domain Name?

    Where is the best place (or what is the best way) to register a domain name?

    Thanks!

    Steve
    gfrX92y@yahoo.com
    Remove the "X" to send me an email.

  2. Re: Registering A Domain Name?

    "Steve Forrester" wrote in message

    > Where is the best place (or what is the best way) to register a
    > domain name?

    Surf to your friendly neighbourhood ISP's web site and see if they
    offer the service, and what it costs.

    Alternatively, use a registrar's services. They are likely to be less
    insistent about selling you hosting for your new domain as well. Or
    they may have a Preferred Hosting Partner and never stop pestering
    you.

    Of course, a domain name alone doesn't exactly do much. You may want
    hosting to go with it.

    Some things to look out for are who the name is actually registered
    to (not always you!), and how easy it is to get DNS records for your
    domain added/changed.

    Groetjes,
    Maarten Wiltink

  3. Re: Registering A Domain Name?

    "Maarten Wiltink" wrote in message
    > "Steve Forrester" wrote in message
    >
    > > Where is the best place (or what is the best way) to register a
    > > domain name?

    > Surf to your friendly neighbourhood ISP's web site and see if they
    > offer the service, and what it costs.
    >
    > Alternatively, use a registrar's services. They are likely to be less
    > insistent about selling you hosting for your new domain as well. Or
    > they may have a Preferred Hosting Partner and never stop pestering
    > you.
    >
    > Of course, a domain name alone doesn't exactly do much. You may want
    > hosting to go with it.
    >
    > Some things to look out for are who the name is actually registered
    > to (not always you!), and how easy it is to get DNS records for your
    > domain added/changed.
    >
    > Groetjes,
    > Maarten Wiltink

    Great advice!!!