Need Static IP Address - TCP-IP

This is a discussion on Need Static IP Address - TCP-IP ; I am new to VPN Connections, but I have discovered that I have a dynamic IP and I need a Static IP. Can anyone recommend a service that can provide me with a Static IP? DRW...

  1. Need Static IP Address

    I am new to VPN Connections, but I have discovered that I have a
    dynamic IP and I need a Static IP. Can anyone recommend a service
    that can provide me with a Static IP?

    DRW

  2. Re: Need Static IP Address

    "DRW" wrote in message
    news:1c1459d4.0406041911.2b06c531@posting.google.c om...

    > I am new to VPN Connections, but I have discovered that I have a
    > dynamic IP and I need a Static IP. Can anyone recommend a service
    > that can provide me with a Static IP?

    Ask your ISP. They will quote you a price for a business-oriented,
    rather than consumer-oriented, account.

    There are also ISPs that use static IP addresses with their
    consumer-grade accounts.

    Another option is to use one of the DNS services targeted at dial-up
    or DHCP broadband accounts.

    Groetjes,
    Maarten Wiltink

  3. Re: Need Static IP Address

    "Maarten Wiltink" writes:

    > "DRW" wrote in message
    > news:1c1459d4.0406041911.2b06c531@posting.google.c om...
    >
    > > I am new to VPN Connections, but I have discovered that I have a
    > > dynamic IP and I need a Static IP. Can anyone recommend a service
    > > that can provide me with a Static IP?

    > Ask your ISP. They will quote you a price for a business-oriented,
    > rather than consumer-oriented, account.
    >
    > There are also ISPs that use static IP addresses with their
    > consumer-grade accounts.
    >
    > Another option is to use one of the DNS services targeted at dial-up
    > or DHCP broadband accounts.

    You can also use a system like dyndns.org, which allow you to have a
    DNS entry pointing to your IP with a TTL of 1 minute, thus even when
    your IP changes, you can reach your server using its DNS name.
    You'll need a client for that, but most of routers include such
    clients (for example Linksys and Netgear do so).

    Regards,

    --
    Nicolas CARTRON
    nc@ncartron.org

    "I don't run FreeBSD because it's free; I run it because it's better."

+ Reply to Thread