Newbie: Subdomain Question - TCP-IP

This is a discussion on Newbie: Subdomain Question - TCP-IP ; Hello all, I have a domain, say mydomain.com, hosted on virtual shared linux server. I want to add a subdomain to this like abc.mydomain.com The question is where should I upload the files for abc.mydomain.com? I want complete different set ...

  1. Newbie: Subdomain Question

    Hello all,

    I have a domain, say mydomain.com, hosted on virtual shared linux
    server. I want to add a subdomain to this like abc.mydomain.com

    The question is where should I upload the files for abc.mydomain.com?
    I want complete different set of html stuff for abc.mydomain.com. Do
    I need to buy another hosting service?

    Thanks in advance

  2. Re: Newbie: Subdomain Question

    In article <42d0ae82.0406040517.2f0d5af2@posting.google.com>,
    dipesh@banlab.com (Dipesh Mehta) wrote:

    > Hello all,
    >
    > I have a domain, say mydomain.com, hosted on virtual shared linux
    > server. I want to add a subdomain to this like abc.mydomain.com
    >
    > The question is where should I upload the files for abc.mydomain.com?
    > I want complete different set of html stuff for abc.mydomain.com. Do
    > I need to buy another hosting service?

    You need to ask your hosting service, this has nothing to do with DNS.

    --
    Barry Margolin, barmar@alum.mit.edu
    Arlington, MA