advice on acquiring expiring domain - TCP-IP

This is a discussion on advice on acquiring expiring domain - TCP-IP ; Hi, There is a domain name I want to get, someone has it now but its status is REDEMPTIONPERIOD. Can anyone recommend a strategy for grabbing it? http://snapnames.com has a "backorder" service that is $69 non-refundable and I'm sure there ...

  1. advice on acquiring expiring domain

    Hi,

    There is a domain name I want to get, someone has it now but its status is
    REDEMPTIONPERIOD. Can anyone recommend a strategy for grabbing it?
    http://snapnames.com has a "backorder" service that is $69 non-refundable
    and I'm sure there are others. Are any of these a good way to go or is there
    a better way?

    Thanks for any help.

    Chance

  2. Re: advice on acquiring expiring domain

    "Chance Kunga Tsering" wrote in message news:<40bffb1c$0$2941$61fed72c@news.rcn.com>...
    > Hi,
    >
    > There is a domain name I want to get, someone has it now but its status is
    > REDEMPTIONPERIOD. Can anyone recommend a strategy for grabbing it?
    > http://snapnames.com has a "backorder" service that is $69 non-refundable
    > and I'm sure there are others. Are any of these a good way to go or is there
    > a better way?
    >
    > Thanks for any help.
    >
    > Chance

    Note that no one entity can absolutely guarantee you'll get the domain
    name because there are lots of factors involved, especially if there
    are lots of players.

    Thus, you can only do the ff:

    1. Go to snapnames or any similar service, sign up, & pay up.
    2. Pray you get it.

    Part joke, part serious. ;o)

  3. Re: advice on acquiring expiring domain

    You can backorder a domain name at
    http://www.namethrift.com/domain_alert.htm

    The price is only $18.95 per domain backorder, and if the backorder
    does not work you can switch it to another domain name.

+ Reply to Thread