Domain Transfer Question - TCP-IP

This is a discussion on Domain Transfer Question - TCP-IP ; Excuse me if this is not an appropriate forum for this question... I have a domain (premisesystems.info) that I registered a couple of years ago that I need to transfer to my new employer. Unfortunately, due to a disk crash ...

  1. Domain Transfer Question

    Excuse me if this is not an appropriate forum for this question...

    I have a domain (premisesystems.info) that I registered a couple of years
    ago that I need to transfer to my new employer. Unfortunately, due to a
    disk crash I have lost the original registration information. I thought
    that I had registered it originally with Network Solutions and so I
    contacted them about it. They told me that a Company called Zencon
    Technologies held the master record and I should contact them (which is
    strange since I never heard of this Company). They don't return my calls to
    their answering machine and the email address I was given by NS doesn't
    work.

    Can anyone recommend a "next step" for me to recover this domain and get it
    transferred?

    Many thanks

  2. Re: Domain Transfer Question

    In article ,
    Christian Beaumont wrote:
    >Excuse me if this is not an appropriate forum for this question...
    >
    >I have a domain (premisesystems.info) that I registered a couple of years
    >ago that I need to transfer to my new employer. Unfortunately, due to a
    >disk crash I have lost the original registration information. I thought
    >that I had registered it originally with Network Solutions and so I
    >contacted them about it. They told me that a Company called Zencon
    >Technologies held the master record and I should contact them (which is
    >strange since I never heard of this Company). They don't return my calls to
    >their answering machine and the email address I was given by NS doesn't
    >work.
    >
    >Can anyone recommend a "next step" for me to recover this domain and get it
    >transferred?

    Huh?

    Domain ID2239581-LRMS
    Domain Name:PREMISESYSTEMS.INFO
    Created On:01-Jul-2002 02:04:01 UTC
    Last Updated On:17-Mar-2004 23:37:19 UTC
    Expiration Date:01-Jul-2004 02:04:01 UTC
    Sponsoring Registrar:R186-LRMS
    Status:ACTIVE
    Status:OK
    Registrant ID:C2323170-LRMS
    Registrant Name:Christian Beaumont
    Registrant Organization:Premise Systems
    Registrant Street1:5280 NW Village Park Drive
    Registrant City:Issaquah
    Registrant State/Province:WA
    Registrant Postal Code:98027
    Registrant Country:US
    Registrant Email:chrisbe@beatbuggy.net
    Admin ID:C2323170-LRMS
    Admin Name:Christian Beaumont
    Admin Organization:Premise Systems
    Admin Street1:5280 NW Village Park Drive
    Admin City:Issaquah
    Admin State/Province:WA
    Admin Postal Code:98027
    Admin Country:US
    Admin Email:chrisbe@beatbuggy.net
    Billing ID:C2323170-LRMS
    Billing Name:Christian Beaumont
    Billing Organization:Premise Systems
    Billing Street1:5280 NW Village Park Drive
    Billing City:Issaquah
    Billing State/Province:WA
    Billing Postal Code:98027
    Billing Country:US
    Billing Email:chrisbe@beatbuggy.net
    Tech ID:C2323170-LRMS
    Tech Name:Christian Beaumont
    Tech Organization:Premise Systems
    Tech Street1:5280 NW Village Park Drive
    Tech City:Issaquah
    Tech State/Province:WA
    Tech Postal Code:98027
    Tech Country:US
    Tech Email:chrisbe@beatbuggy.net
    Name Server:NS2.BEATBUGGY.NET
    Name Server:NS1.BEATBUGGY.NET

    I don't see any mention of "Zencon" anywhere in the whois record.

  3. Re: Domain Transfer Question

    "Christian Beaumont" wrote in message news:...
    > Excuse me if this is not an appropriate forum for this question...
    >
    > I have a domain (premisesystems.info) that I registered a couple of years
    > ago that I need to transfer to my new employer. Unfortunately, due to a
    > disk crash I have lost the original registration information. I thought
    > that I had registered it originally with Network Solutions and so I
    > contacted them about it. They told me that a Company called Zencon
    > Technologies held the master record and I should contact them (which is
    > strange since I never heard of this Company). They don't return my calls to
    > their answering machine and the email address I was given by NS doesn't
    > work.
    >
    > Can anyone recommend a "next step" for me to recover this domain and get it
    > transferred?

    Actually, your domain appears to be registered with someone called
    SRSplus.

    http://www.srsplus.com/

    Go to http://www.info and select the Whois tool, and enter your domain
    name, you'll see all the info there.

  4. Re: Domain Transfer Question

    Yes SRSplus is indeed listed as the registrar.

    If you look on the web site though you will see they are SRSplus by Network
    Solutions.

    So, I emailed them and they replied...

    Dear Christian,

    We have received your recent inquiry to SRSplus regarding your request to
    make updates to premisesystems.info.

    In order to make changes to your domain name, you need to contact Zencon
    Technologies, the SRSplus Partner who originally registered this domain name
    for you. This Partner has the authority to manage this domain name,
    provided that you are the Registrant, or are acting on behalf of the
    Registrant of the domain.

    Please contact them directly if you would like to make changes to your
    domain name. Their contact information is listed below for your reference.

    Partner Name: Zencon Technologies
    Email: it-staff@dnsfirm.com
    Phone: 480-890-8900
    Fax: XXXXX

    So, I emailed Zencon Technologies and also called but got no response. If I
    do an nslookup on the MX record for dnsfirm.com I get mail.dnsfirm.com as
    the mail gateway. However this appears to be down.

    Christian

  5. Re: Domain Transfer Question

    Christian Beaumont schrieb:

    > So, I emailed Zencon Technologies and also called but got no response. If I
    > do an nslookup on the MX record for dnsfirm.com I get mail.dnsfirm.com as
    > the mail gateway. However this appears to be down.

    The mailserver seems to be up again.

    Torsten

    slave:~ # telnet mail.dnsfirm.com. 25
    Trying 63.241.160.63...
    Connected to mail.dnsfirm.com..
    Escape character is '^]'.
    220 dnsfirm.com (IMail 8.11 20713-19) NT-ESMTP Server X1
    ehlo bla.de
    250-dnsfirm.com says hello
    250-SIZE 0
    250-8BITMIME