Re: DIG problem - TCP-IP

This is a discussion on Re: DIG problem - TCP-IP ; http://www.dnscook.com/digtest.php This should give you all the information you need. (The query is shown in the output itself) I do not have access to the DIG command source code. Is there a URL where I can find it? Thanks for ...

  1. Re: DIG problem

    http://www.dnscook.com/digtest.php

    This should give you all the information you need.
    (The query is shown in the output itself)

    I do not have access to the DIG command source code. Is there a URL where I
    can find it?

    Thanks for the reply,
    Domainer

    > "Barry Margolin" wrote in message
    > > In article ,
    > > "domainer" wrote:
    > >
    > > > Hello,
    > > >
    > > > I am using the command "DIG" to get DNS records from specific name

    > servers
    > > > at my web host. (through a web interface)
    > > >
    > > > The problem is that DIG returns error code 10 almost always, on one of

    > my
    > > > servers, while it works on another (error code 0).
    > > > I contacted the web hosting company several times, but it seems that

    > they
    > > > cannot figure out whats going on. (obviously because of lack of

    > knowlege!)
    > > >
    > > > The /etc/resolv.conf is fine (I am not using it anyway).
    > > >
    > > > Is there a particular reason for DIG to not function properly?
    > > >
    > > > A detailed answer would be highly appreciated.
    > > >
    > > > Thanks!
    > > >
    > > > Domainer

    > > What do you mean by "returns error code 10"? Are you talking about the
    > > value shown in the "Status:" field of the output, or the exit status of
    > > the command? I suspect you mean the latter.
    > >
    > > What query are you sending, and is it producing any output? I just
    > > tried querying a nonexistent server, and after the timeout message it
    > > exited with status 9.
    > >
    > > Have you tried reading the source code, looking for exit(10)? That
    > > should clearly pin-point what would cause this type of exit.
    > >
    > > --
    > > Barry Margolin, barmar@alum.mit.edu
    > > Arlington, MA
    > > *** PLEASE post questions in newsgroups, not directly to me ***

  2. Re: DIG problem

    "domainer" wrote in message

    > http://www.dnscook.com/digtest.php
    >
    > This should give you all the information you need.
    > (The query is shown in the output itself)
    >
    > I do not have access to the DIG command source code. Is there a URL where

    > can find it?
    >
    > Thanks for the reply,
    > Domainer

    Page not found!

  3. Re: DIG "problem"

    First you tell us

    d> The problem is that DIG returns error code 10 almost always,

    then you show us

    d> http://www.dnscook.com/digtest.php

    where "dig" is clearly _not_ "returning error code 10", belying your
    claim that that page

    d> should give you all the information you need.

    You've completely failed to demonstrate the existence of your problem.

+ Reply to Thread