can a registrar display ads over the domain under the RGP - TCP-IP

This is a discussion on can a registrar display ads over the domain under the RGP - TCP-IP ; I have domain just entered into the RGP as i know, registrar should stop resolving it but instead he started displaying the ads over it. i have complained via internic but no result has taken till now, i accept that ...

  1. can a registrar display ads over the domain under the RGP

    I have domain just entered into the RGP as i know, registrar should
    stop resolving it but instead he started displaying the ads over it. i
    have complained via internic but no result has taken till now, i
    accept that i dont have anymore control over it but i want that
    atleast rules must be followed.

    Harsh

  2. Re: can a registrar display ads over the domain under the RGP

    Harsh wrote:

    > I have domain just entered into the RGP as i know, registrar should
    > stop resolving it but instead he started displaying the ads over it. i
    > have complained via internic but no result has taken till now, i
    > accept that i dont have anymore control over it but i want that
    > atleast rules must be followed.

    No, a registrar can't display ads on a web page.

    The server hosting a web page can display ads, though you
    should see what your contract says about it.

    If your registrar is also hosting the web site, then it
    could do it, but as the hosting server not the registrar.

    -- glen

  3. Re: can a registrar display ads over the domain under the RGP

    In article <6641c88c.0404020716.2c15eaa1@posting.google.com>,
    Harsh wrote:
    >I have domain just entered into the RGP as i know, registrar should
    >stop resolving it but instead he started displaying the ads over it. i
    >have complained via internic but no result has taken till now, i
    >accept that i dont have anymore control over it but i want that
    >atleast rules must be followed.
    >
    >Harsh

    It's your domain and you can do whatever you want with it. I
    assume you have some default "parking" page set up by
    your registrar. Just set it up properly.

  4. Re: can a registrar display ads over the domain under the RGP

    richard@vrx.news (Richard Sexton) wrote in message news:...
    > In article <6641c88c.0404020716.2c15eaa1@posting.google.com>,
    > Harsh wrote:
    > >I have domain just entered into the RGP as i know, registrar should
    > >stop resolving it but instead he started displaying the ads over it. i
    > >have complained via internic but no result has taken till now, i
    > >accept that i dont have anymore control over it but i want that
    > >atleast rules must be followed.
    > >
    > >Harsh

    > It's your domain and you can do whatever you want with it. I
    > assume you have some default "parking" page set up by
    > your registrar. Just set it up properly.

    I think i had not described the problem properly
    Actually my domain is expired and as per ICANN a domain is under RGP
    (redemption Grace Period) for next 35 days. where it is not resolved
    and no message can be displayed by the registerar after which its free
    for anyone to register it.
    but the registrar here is displaying ads i have repeatedly complained
    him to stop this. but he ignored me.
    you all may think why i did so. Actually i want to shift the
    registrar, because of numerous reasons. so i decided to allow it
    expire and have placed a backorder with my desired registrar.
    i think this will help you understand my problem.

    Harsh

  5. Re: can a registrar display ads over the domain under the RGP

    You are crazy. If you want/need the domain name there is no way you should
    take the chance on getting it on a drop. There is too much competition and
    not enough guarantees. Pay the renewal fee and be done with it then you may
    transfer it wherever you choose.

    news:6641c88c.0404050754.4da05553@posting.google.c om...

    > > In article <6641c88c.0404020716.2c15eaa1@posting.google.com>,
    > > Harsh wrote:
    > > >I have domain just entered into the RGP as i know, registrar should
    > > >stop resolving it but instead he started displaying the ads over it. i
    > > >have complained via internic but no result has taken till now, i
    > > >accept that i dont have anymore control over it but i want that
    > > >atleast rules must be followed.
    > > >
    > > >Harsh

    > > It's your domain and you can do whatever you want with it. I
    > > assume you have some default "parking" page set up by
    > > your registrar. Just set it up properly.

    > I think i had not described the problem properly
    > Actually my domain is expired and as per ICANN a domain is under RGP
    > (redemption Grace Period) for next 35 days. where it is not resolved
    > and no message can be displayed by the registerar after which its free
    > for anyone to register it.
    > but the registrar here is displaying ads i have repeatedly complained
    > him to stop this. but he ignored me.
    > you all may think why i did so. Actually i want to shift the
    > registrar, because of numerous reasons. so i decided to allow it
    > expire and have placed a backorder with my desired registrar.
    > i think this will help you understand my problem.
    >
    > Harsh

+ Reply to Thread