Setting a permanent ip route in windows - TCP-IP

This is a discussion on Setting a permanent ip route in windows - TCP-IP ; Hi, I'm told that this command will permanently add a route to windows: route -p add 126.0.0.0 mask 255.0.0.0 metric 1 However, when I reboot the windows machine, the route doesn't remain. So, how do you add a permanent ip ...

  1. Setting a permanent ip route in windows

    Hi,

    I'm told that this command will permanently add a route to windows:

    route -p add 126.0.0.0 mask 255.0.0.0 metric 1

    However, when I reboot the windows machine, the route doesn't remain.

    So, how do you add a permanent ip route to a windows 2k/xp/nt machine?

    TIA,
    -Tennis

  2. Re: Setting a permanent ip route in windows

    a écrit dans le message de news:
    en3v301l8m839fq4j869vsrnv129j2b5bg@4ax.com...

    > Hi,

    Hi

    > I'm told that this command will permanently add a route to windows:
    > route -p add 126.0.0.0 mask 255.0.0.0 metric 1

    Yes, add -p argument add a permanente route

    > However, when I reboot the windows machine, the route doesn't remain.

    Can you try add -p and not -p add ?

    else, can you try the KB Q141383 :

    SebF
    Pour ceux qui aiment IP

    www.frameip.com ( Nom de domaine temporairement bloqué, merci d'utilise
    l'url http://frameip.dyndns.org pendant le mois de Février 2004)

  3. Re: Setting a permanent ip route in windows

    In comp.protocols.tcp-ip tennis_smith@yahoo.com wrote:
    > Hi,

    > I'm told that this command will permanently add a route to windows:

    > route -p add 126.0.0.0 mask 255.0.0.0 metric 1

    > However, when I reboot the windows machine, the route doesn't remain.

    > So, how do you add a permanent ip route to a windows 2k/xp/nt machine?

    Place the 'route' command in a suitable startupscrip executed during boot.

    --
    Peter Håkanson

  4. Re: Setting a permanent ip route in windows

    In article , tennis_smith@yahoo.com writes:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I'm told that this command will permanently add a route to windows:
    >
    > route -p add 126.0.0.0 mask 255.0.0.0 metric 1
    >
    > However, when I reboot the windows machine, the route doesn't remain.

    That syntax has always worked for me on NT

    You should be able to sanity-check with:

    C:\> route print
    Persistent Routes:
    Network Address Netmask Gateway Address Metric
    126.0.0.0 255.0.0.0 1

    John Briggs

+ Reply to Thread