Sept 19 Update on "Stop Verisign DNS Abuse" Petition (new server) - TCP-IP

This is a discussion on Sept 19 Update on "Stop Verisign DNS Abuse" Petition (new server) - TCP-IP ; Hey folks, Past 12 hours have been hellish (power outage in my area, due to Isabel), but we've got the petition back online at a new server (unclear why it's broken at PetitionOnline; no replies to phone calls). I made ...

  1. Sept 19 Update on "Stop Verisign DNS Abuse" Petition (new server)

    Hey folks,

    Past 12 hours have been hellish (power outage in my area, due to Isabel),
    but we've got the petition back online at a new server (unclear why it's
    broken at PetitionOnline; no replies to phone calls). I made an
    announcement at:

    with a letter to ICANN (sent by courier too) at:

    It would be appreciated if folks update their links to the new server at:

    http://www.whois.sc/verisign-dns/

    Apparently we lost 5000 signatures that weren't backed up. But, I
    imagine we'll gain those back, and many more, until ICANN does the right
    thing and stops Verisign. If one has followed the press, Verisign doesn't
    seem to want to back down -- typical. I've been following the newsgroups
    and other mailing lists too, and except for a few trolls/shills, it's
    pretty clear who has the popular support, given so many are updating
    BIND, etc.

    Sincerely,

    George Kirikos
    http://www.kirikos.com/

    P.S. Verisign joke of the day:

    Question: What do Verisign and Isabel have in common?
    Answer: A lot of hot air.

  2. Re: Sept 19 Update on "Stop Verisign DNS Abuse" Petition (new server)

    George Kirikos wrote:
    > Hey folks,
    >
    > Past 12 hours have been hellish (power outage in my area, due to
    > Isabel), but we've got the petition back online at a new server
    > (unclear why it's broken at PetitionOnline; no replies to phone
    > calls). >

    Probably because petiononline exists for the sole purpose of harvesting
    email addresses for spammers, and hosting that petion would be a conflict of
    interest for petitiononline's bidniz plan?

    --
    Gib

  3. Re: Sept 19 Update on "Stop Verisign DNS Abuse" Petition (new server)

    "Giblet - MN State Resident" wrote:

    >George Kirikos wrote:
    >> Hey folks,
    >>
    >> Past 12 hours have been hellish (power outage in my area, due to
    >> Isabel), but we've got the petition back online at a new server
    >> (unclear why it's broken at PetitionOnline; no replies to phone
    >> calls). >

    >Probably because petiononline exists for the sole purpose of harvesting
    >email addresses for spammers, and hosting that petion would be a conflict of
    >interest for petitiononline's bidniz plan?

    Damn, I feel so unclean. And I'm pissed that I may have lost another e-mail
    address.

    wner-contact: P-POC22
    wner-organization: Party Night Inc
    wner-fname: Peter