Re: Legitimate and working alternative roots, versus "dnslife.com.". - TCP-IP

This is a discussion on Re: Legitimate and working alternative roots, versus "dnslife.com.". - TCP-IP ; > If you have half a clue, you secondary a root zone from some place > and serve up the root for yourself. How do you structure the namespace to place this secondary within your Alternate root namespace? It was ...

  1. Re: Legitimate and working alternative roots, versus "dnslife.com.".

    > If you have half a clue, you secondary a root zone from some place
    > and serve up the root for yourself.

    How do you structure the namespace to place this secondary
    within your Alternate root namespace?

    It was my understanding that the (most important) alternate
    roots already provice .Com, Edu, Gov etc, with the
    exception of Biz (since they had "Biz" first).

    > Now if you're grabbing a root zome from some place whihc one to use is
    > a religious argument on the orde rof "vi vs. EMACS" and there is no
    > right answer. They all work, period. What's most important is not
    > what root zone you choose, but that you can choose.

    Which do you prefer? ...and a few reasons would be nice to hear.

    --
    Herb Martin

  2. Re: Legitimate and working alternative roots, versus "dnslife.com.".

    RJS> If you have half a clue, you secondary a root zone from
    RJS> some place and serve up the root for yourself.

    HM> How do you structure the namespace to place this secondary
    HM> within your Alternate root namespace?

    The root "zone" that one serves up is the root of the DNS namespace that one
    sees. No structuring is required.

+ Reply to Thread