Domain Forwarding Help Needed - TCP-IP

This is a discussion on Domain Forwarding Help Needed - TCP-IP ; Hi, I have LANSuite setup for WWW and Email server, and no-ip.com program running, eg, s050399b.no-ip.com I have no problems trying to access the WWW via http://s050399b.no-ip.com:80 , and POP3 via s050399b.no-ip.com:25 I have just registered a domain name with ...

  1. Domain Forwarding Help Needed

    Hi,

    I have LANSuite setup for WWW and Email server, and no-ip.com program
    running, eg, s050399b.no-ip.com

    I have no problems trying to access the WWW via
    http://s050399b.no-ip.com:80, and POP3 via s050399b.no-ip.com:25

    I have just registered a domain name with registerfly, cheang.net

    How do I go about doing the URL forwarding/redirect thingy, and MX
    redirecting thingy? I have tried so many configurations on registerfly, and
    I can't get it to work,

    ===========
    What I want
    ===========
    1) www.cheang.net or cheang.net redirects to http://s050399b.no-ip.com

    2) mail.cheang.net or cheang.net:25 redirects to s050399b.no-ip.com:25

    Please advise or point to further reading materials,

    Thanks,

    Jacky

  2. Re: Domain Forwarding Help Needed

    On Sun, 10 Aug 2003 21:20:14 +0800, " Jacky"
    wrote:

    >I have LANSuite setup for WWW and Email server, and no-ip.com program
    >running, eg, s050399b.no-ip.com
    >I have no problems trying to access the WWW via
    >http://s050399b.no-ip.com:80, and POP3 via s050399b.no-ip.com:25

    [I don't know no-ip's service. However, I suppose they are giving you
    the "s050399b" subdomain, and also give you a tool to dynamically
    update your DNS records (ie., a "Dynamic DNS" service)]

    >I have just registered a domain name with registerfly, cheang.net
    >How do I go about doing the URL forwarding/redirect thingy, and MX
    >redirecting thingy? I have tried so many configurations on registerfly, and
    >I can't get it to work,

    You should probably delegate authority of your domain to no-ip.com (I
    don't know if the type of service you have at no-ip.com allows you to
    do this).

    If not, try another Dynamic DNS service provider
    (http://www.dyndns.org, perhaps?) and delegate the authority of your
    domain to them.

    --
    Fernando Gont
    e-mail: fernando@ANTISPAM.gont.com.ar

    [To send a personal reply, please remove the ANTISPAM tag]

  3. Re: Domain Forwarding Help Needed

    " Jacky" wrote

    no body, no domain, no-ip ! are you for real ?

    You have to get the DNS off no-ip and type it into registerfly.

    DNS look like this

    ns1.dr-parkingservices.com
    ns2.dr-parkingservices.com

    The registrar (DotRegistry) hosts the site and redirects

    or

    ns1.bravepages.com
    ns2.bravepages.com

    The webhost hosts the site

    try

    ns1.no-ip.com
    ns2.no-ip.com

    if you're stuck.

    email support at no-ip.

    Herc

  4. Re: Domain Forwarding Help Needed

    Can you have an A record point to a virutal host?

    The A record supports dotted quad, not a URL. Most virtual hosts use
    name based hosting; therefore, you can forward with .htaccess at page
    level.

    Can someone post an example of a forwarding zone file?

  5. "Master" files as "Label Opcode Operand"

    RJS> Think label, opcode, operand, just like the
    RJS> guys who wrote BIND did.

    That's an interesting way of looking at the "master" file syntax.

  6. Re: "Master" files as "Label Opcode Operand"

    In article <3F5DA838.F36289C0@tesco.net>,
    Jonathan de Boyne Pollard wrote:
    >RJS> Think label, opcode, operand, just like the
    >RJS> guys who wrote BIND did.
    >
    >That's an interesting way of looking at the "master" file syntax.

    I programmed in Assembler for 25 years on a variety of cpus. What
    other reaction could I possibly have when presented with the BIND
    zone files?

    Too bad they're a huge mistake as far as syntak goes; Bernstein got
    this right with DJBDNS; his config file are a breeze for a program
    to parse. BIND's are a freaking nightmare by comparison.

    --
    OEM parts - Benz: http://parts.mbz.org BMW: http://buyeuroparts.com