Re: registering name servers (ns1.mydomain.com) - TCP-IP

This is a discussion on Re: registering name servers (ns1.mydomain.com) - TCP-IP ; Jason Goldberg schrieb: > > Ok, lets say I own "mydomain.com." How do I get ns1.mydomain.com and > ns2.mydomain.com. I know the ns1 and ns2 aren't cnames, so what do I have > to do special? You have to ask ...

  1. Re: registering name servers (ns1.mydomain.com)

    Jason Goldberg schrieb:

    > Ok, lets say I own "mydomain.com." How do I get ns1.mydomain.com and
    > ns2.mydomain.com. I know the ns1 and ns2 aren't cnames, so what do I have
    > to do special?

    You have to ask the upper zone (the .com) to include glue records
    for ns1 and ns2. You should request this from your registrar.

    Torsten

  2. Re: registering name servers (ns1.mydomain.com)

    How can I find out who is my registrar? And will it be free?

    "Torsten Mueller" wrote in message

    > Jason Goldberg schrieb:
    > >
    > > Ok, lets say I own "mydomain.com." How do I get ns1.mydomain.com and
    > > ns2.mydomain.com. I know the ns1 and ns2 aren't cnames, so what do I

    have
    > > to do special?

    > You have to ask the upper zone (the .com) to include glue records
    > for ns1 and ns2. You should request this from your registrar.
    >
    > Torsten

  3. Re: registering name servers (ns1.mydomain.com)

    Jason Goldberg schrieb:

    > How can I find out who is my registrar? And will it be free?

    Your "contact" to the registry/registrar is the company, where
    you got your domain from.

    Torsten

    > "Torsten Mueller" wrote in message
    > >

    > > Jason Goldberg schrieb:
    > > >
    > > > Ok, lets say I own "mydomain.com." How do I get ns1.mydomain.com and
    > > > ns2.mydomain.com. I know the ns1 and ns2 aren't cnames, so what do I

    > have
    > > > to do special?

    > > You have to ask the upper zone (the .com) to include glue records
    > > for ns1 and ns2. You should request this from your registrar.
    > >
    > > Torsten

  4. Re: registering name servers (ns1.mydomain.com)

    In article ,
    Jason Goldberg wrote:
    >How can I find out who is my registrar?

    whois -h whois.internic.net

    > And will it be free?

    Every registrar sets their own pricing schedule, but I think most don't
    charge extra for registering nameservers, they just charge for the domains.

    --
    Barry Margolin, barry.margolin@level3.com
    Level(3), Woburn, MA