Best way to reserve domain name - TCP-IP

This is a discussion on Best way to reserve domain name - TCP-IP ; Hi, I would like to get a domain name for myself. What is the best way to get it? There are lots of web page I have seen and some are even very cheap, Can I trust all of them? ...

  1. Best way to reserve domain name

    Hi,
    I would like to get a domain name for myself.
    What is the best way to get it? There are lots of
    web page I have seen and some are even very cheap,
    Can I trust all of them? Could you inform me
    about some providers and also I am looking for using their server [some MB]
    for
    I am looking for com group.
    Thanks for info.
    Rahman

    mrahman@me.oulu.fi

  2. Re: Best way to reserve domain name

    In article , ian@news.care4free.net says...

    >I too would like to know of a domain registration authority I could
    >trust.

    Official List of ICANN Accredited Registrars.
    http://www.internic.net/
    (best to choose a registrar located in same country as yourself)

    > A couple of years ago I planned to register a domain name that
    >was likely to attract a lot of interest. The name was so unusual that
    >the chances of anyone else in the world thinking of the same name were
    >almost zero. I searched several providers, and sure enough the name had
    >not been registered. However, when I attempted to register the name a
    >few days later, I discovered that someone else had beaten me to it!
    >Coincidence or what! Yeah, right.

    Could be coincidence, but then perhaps not. Some third-party Whois providers
    sell/share/register domain names queried via their Whois interface. Best to
    query the corresponding registry Whois directly whenever possible - not a
    guarantee by any means (at least in regards to NSI which tracks visitors),
    but most often a better method than using some "no name" Whois interface.

    Ron Bennett

  3. Re: Best way to reserve domain name

    ian wrote in message news:...
    > I too would like to know of a domain registration authority I could
    > trust. A couple of years ago I planned to register a domain name that
    > was likely to attract a lot of interest. The name was so unusual that
    > the chances of anyone else in the world thinking of the same name were
    > almost zero. I searched several providers, and sure enough the name had
    > not been registered. However, when I attempted to register the name a
    > few days later, I discovered that someone else had beaten me to it!
    > Coincidence or what! Yeah, right.

    > Ian
    >

    > In message , Mahbubur Rahman
    > writes
    > >Hi,
    > >I would like to get a domain name for myself.
    > >What is the best way to get it? There are lots of
    > >web page I have seen and some are even very cheap,
    > >Can I trust all of them? Could you inform me
    > >about some providers and also I am looking for using their server [some MB]
    > >for
    > >I am looking for com group.
    > >Thanks for info.
    > >Rahman
    > >
    > >mrahman@me.oulu.fi

    well thats a very hard thing to search for i reccomend you to check a
    list of registrars from www.internic.net

    > --

+ Reply to Thread