Re: This hostmaster should be PUNISHED - TCP-IP

  2. Re: This hostmaster should be PUNISHED

    JdeBP> I submit that the hostmaster of "aereolineas.com.ar." is a
    JdeBP> _far_ better candidate.

    SW> Hehe, surely it is their right to provide appalling service
    SW> to would be customers? Or did I miss a subtlety?

    I'm not sure. You proceed to talk, in relation to other domain names, about
    "MX" resource record sets and loop prevention in SMTP Relay clients; but the
    problem with "aereolineas.com.ar." is not mail-specific and does not lie in
    what its hostmaster has done with the "MX" resource records, which is why I
    think that he/she is a far better candidate.

    Try an "A" query for "aereolineas.com.ar." and watch the logs of your proxy
    DNS server to see what it does. (-:

    (Different softwares do different things. With at least one forwarding proxy
    DNS server software, for best^H^H^H^Hworst results one also needs to have
    populated the cache by issuing an "NS" query beforehand.)

  3. Re: This hostmaster should be PUNISHED

    On Sat, 26 Jul 2003 13:16:40 +0100, Simon Waters
    wrote:

    >> I submit that the hostmaster of "aereolineas.com.ar." is a _far_ better
    >> candidate.

    >Hehe, surely it is their right to provide appalling service to would be
    >customers? Or did I miss a subtlety?

    Sorry, where did this thread originate? Another newsgroup? A
    mailing-list? If so, which one?

    --
    Fernando Gont
    e-mail: fernando@ANTISPAM.gont.com.ar

    [To send a personal reply, please remove the ANTISPAM tag]

  4. Re: This hostmaster should be PUNISHED

    On Wed, 30 Jul 2003 09:14:36 -0300,
    Fernando Gont wrote:

    >On Sat, 26 Jul 2003 13:16:40 +0100, Simon Waters
    > wrote:
    >
    >>> I submit that the hostmaster of "aereolineas.com.ar." is a _far_ better
    >>> candidate.

    >>Hehe, surely it is their right to provide appalling service to would be
    >>customers? Or did I miss a subtlety?

    >Sorry, where did this thread originate? Another newsgroup? A
    >mailing-list? If so, which one?

    comp.protocols.dns.bind.
    It is a nice feature of slrn to be able to pull up the rest of the thread from
    the news server.

    Villy

    Original message below.

    > From monday11@hotmail.com Wed Jul 30 14:58:51 2003
    > From: monday11@hotmail.com (binaya)
    > Newsgroups: comp.protocols.dns.bind
    > Subject: This hostmaster should be PUNISHED
    > Date: 23 Jul 2003 00:41:50 -0700
    > Sender: news@isc.org
    >
    > Dear all,
    >
    > SPAM mails are arriving from a domain netpussies.com.I can block
    > it but the STUPID hostmaster of techhosting.net ( whom I think should
    > be kicked off immediately from his job) has registered it as below .
    >
    > Please note its MX.
    >

    > % dig netpussies.com mx
    >
    > ; <<>> DiG 8.3 <<>> netpussies.com mx
    > ;; res options: init recurs defnam dnsrch
    > ;; got answer:
    > ;; flags: qr rd ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 2, AUTHORITY: 2, ADDITIONAL: 4
    > ;; QUERY SECTION:
    > ;; netpussies.com, type = MX, class = IN
    >
    > ;; ANSWER SECTION:
    > netpussies.com. 8h57m41s IN MX 20 mx2.netpussies.com.
    > netpussies.com. 8h57m41s IN MX 10 mx1.netpussies.com.
    >
    > ;; AUTHORITY SECTION:
    > netpussies.com. 8h57m36s IN NS ns1.techhosting.net.
    > netpussies.com. 8h57m36s IN NS ns2.techhosting.net.
    >
    > ;; ADDITIONAL SECTION:
    > mx2.netpussies.com. 8h57m49s IN A 127.0.0.1
    > mx1.netpussies.com. 8h57m42s IN A 127.0.0.1
    > ns1.techhosting.net. 1d23h58m28s IN A 209.81.54.4
    > ns2.techhosting.net. 1d23h58m28s IN A 216.218.223.132
    >
    > ;; Total query time: 2 msec
    > ;; FROM: makalu.mos.com.np to SERVER: default -- 202.52.255.3
    > ;; WHEN: Wed Jul 23 10:20:50 2003
    > ;; MSG SIZE sent: 32 rcvd: 187

+ Reply to Thread