Trying to transfer a .org domain - TCP-IP

This is a discussion on Trying to transfer a .org domain - TCP-IP ; Hi, I am currently trying to transfer my .org domain (cmeerw.org) to another registrar. But GANDI ( http://www.gandi.net ) has told me that they can't process the transfer because the whois server of the current registrar is down - the ...

  1. Trying to transfer a .org domain

    Hi,

    I am currently trying to transfer my .org domain (cmeerw.org) to another
    registrar. But GANDI (http://www.gandi.net) has told me that they can't
    process the transfer because the whois server of the current registrar is
    down - the current registrar is Cronon AG and I guess their whois server is
    whois.tmagnic.net. And indeed whois.tmagnic.net doesn't have any information
    about cmeerw.org, but all information is available from whois.pir.org.

    So my question is: is it sufficient that all information is available from
    whois.pir.org or does a .org registrar still have to run its own whois
    servers?

    BTW, DotRegistrar (http://www.dotreg.com) is also unable to process the
    domain transfer. And, of course, Cronon AG doesn't respond to my e-mails.

    Can anyone shed some light on the issue and clear up the confusion?

    bye, Christof
    [Fup2 comp.protocols.tcp-ip.domains]

    --
    http://cmeerw.org JID: cmeerw@jabber.at
    mailto cmeerw at web.de

    ....and what have you contributed to the Net?

  2. Re: Trying to transfer a .org domain

    Christof Meerwald wrote in message news:...
    > Hi,
    >
    > I am currently trying to transfer my .org domain (cmeerw.org) to another
    > registrar. But GANDI (http://www.gandi.net) has told me that they can't
    > process the transfer because the whois server of the current registrar is
    > down - the current registrar is Cronon AG and I guess their whois server is
    > whois.tmagnic.net. And indeed whois.tmagnic.net doesn't have any information
    > about cmeerw.org, but all information is available from whois.pir.org.

    > So my question is: is it sufficient that all information is available from
    > whois.pir.org or does a .org registrar still have to run its own whois
    > servers?
    >

    > BTW, DotRegistrar (http://www.dotreg.com) is also unable to process the
    > domain transfer. And, of course, Cronon AG doesn't respond to my e-mails.
    >

    > Can anyone shed some light on the issue and clear up the confusion?

    proceed with utmost care domain transfer is a very-very mesy process i
    have lost a domain in doing so.

    > bye, Christof
    > [Fup2 comp.protocols.tcp-ip.domains]

  3. Re: Trying to transfer a .org domain

    >proceed with utmost care domain transfer is a very-very mesy process i
    >have lost a domain in doing so.

    How did you lose the domain? I once had a domain enter the "twilight zone"
    between registrars but the new registrar was able to get it back no problem.

    SS

    >proceed with utmost care domain transfer is a very-very mesy process i
    >have lost a domain in doing so.
    >>

    >> bye, Christof
    >> [Fup2 comp.protocols.tcp-ip.domains]

+ Reply to Thread