Problem with DNS and sending mails. - TCP-IP

This is a discussion on Problem with DNS and sending mails. - TCP-IP ; Hi, I bought an account at the server , with mail accounts. I still dont want to change DNS info to new IP. But I would like to send emails from this account. SMTP server name is supposed to be ...

  1. Problem with DNS and sending mails.

    Hi,
    I bought an account at the server , with mail accounts.
    I still dont want to change DNS info to new IP.
    But I would like to send emails from this account. SMTP server name is
    supposed to be
    'mail.mydomain.com' and account myaccount@mydomain.com. But it redirects me
    to my old IP.
    Do you know how can I reach smtp server and my account on new server?
    Isn't it IP and some port? I'm not sure, but what about account then ?
    (if it would be helpful I want to send mails from java)

    Thanks
    Artur

  2. Re: Problem with DNS and sending mails.

    In article ,
    Artur wrote:
    >Hi,
    >I bought an account at the server , with mail accounts.
    >I still dont want to change DNS info to new IP.
    >But I would like to send emails from this account. SMTP server name is
    >supposed to be
    >'mail.mydomain.com' and account myaccount@mydomain.com. But it redirects me
    >to my old IP.
    >Do you know how can I reach smtp server and my account on new server?
    >Isn't it IP and some port? I'm not sure, but what about account then ?
    >(if it would be helpful I want to send mails from java)

    You need the following records in your DNS:

    mydomain.com. MX 10 mail.mydomain.com.
    mail.mydomain.com. A

    --
    Barry Margolin, barry.margolin@level3.com