sending SMTP packets received in sequence - TCP-IP

This is a discussion on sending SMTP packets received in sequence - TCP-IP ; Hello: Does anyone know if the source code or algorithm is available regarding sending SMTP packets received from the network constantly and retransmit them to another process In Sequence? The packets received may be out of sequence or packet(s) may ...

  1. sending SMTP packets received in sequence

    Hello:

    Does anyone know if the source code or algorithm is available
    regarding sending SMTP packets received from the network constantly
    and retransmit them to another process In Sequence? The packets
    received may be out of sequence or packet(s) may be missing, but those
    packets need to be retransmitted In Sequence. Your help is great
    appreciated and have an excellent day.

    Regards,
    AD

  2. Re: sending SMTP packets received in sequence

    In article <1186709236.607632.125210@j4g2000prf.googlegroups.c om>,
    slsworking wrote:

    > Hello:
    >
    > Does anyone know if the source code or algorithm is available
    > regarding sending SMTP packets received from the network constantly
    > and retransmit them to another process In Sequence? The packets
    > received may be out of sequence or packet(s) may be missing, but those
    > packets need to be retransmitted In Sequence. Your help is great
    > appreciated and have an excellent day.

    I'm not sure what you're asking for. Reordering packets into sequence
    is handled by TCP, not SMTP. The TCP layer ensures that the SMTP
    application will always receive the data in sequence, with no gaps.

    If you want to know how TCP accomplishes this, read RFC 793.

    --
    Barry Margolin, barmar@alum.mit.edu
    Arlington, MA