Looking for a tcp/ip test tool - TCP-IP

This is a discussion on Looking for a tcp/ip test tool - TCP-IP ; I'm currently using simplecoms tcp/ip test tool, to act like a client or server, but the receiving (messagebox)part doesn't support more then 322 bytes. Is there anyone who know a test tool with the same functionality?...

  1. Looking for a tcp/ip test tool

    I'm currently using simplecoms tcp/ip test tool, to act like a client
    or server, but the receiving (messagebox)part doesn't support more
    then 322 bytes.
    Is there anyone who know a test tool with the same functionality?

  2. Re: Looking for a tcp/ip test tool

    On Aug 7, 6:11 am, sturkel wrote:
    > I'm currently using simplecoms tcp/ip test tool, to act like a client
    > or server, but the receiving (messagebox)part doesn't support more
    > then 322 bytes.
    > Is there anyone who know a test tool with the same functionality?

    Not sure what you are trying to test, but you could look
    into iperf and see if that does what you need.
    http://dast.nlanr.net/Projects/Iperf/iperf_faq.php#1

    Anoop

  3. Re: Looking for a tcp/ip test tool

    On 7 aug, 16:06, anoop wrote:
    > Not sure what you are trying to test, but you could look
    > into iperf and see if that does what you need.http://dast.nlanr.net/Projects/Iperf/iperf_faq.php#1
    >
    > Anoop

    I believe that iperf is used to test the performance. Not a tool that
    let you connect to a server or act like a server to send and receive
    messages.
    Anyone else who knows a tool that i need.
    Otherwise I have to program it by myself.

  4. Re: Looking for a tcp/ip test tool

    On Aug 7, 11:39 pm, sturkel wrote:
    > On 7 aug, 16:06, anoop wrote:
    >
    > > Not sure what you are trying to test, but you could look
    > > into iperf and see if that does what you need.http://dast.nlanr.net/Projects/Iperf/iperf_faq.php#1

    > > Anoop

    > I believe that iperf is used to test the performance. Not a tool that
    > let you connect to a server or act like a server to send and receive
    > messages.
    > Anyone else who knows a tool that i need.
    > Otherwise I have to program it by myself.

    I am not sure what you are trying to test here... but ttcp
    can either act like a client or server (either TCP or UDP).
    The source can be downloaded and built pretty simply on most
    UNIX flavors.

+ Reply to Thread