HTTP protocol and long time inaction of client. - TCP-IP

This is a discussion on HTTP protocol and long time inaction of client. - TCP-IP ; We have yourself HTTP protocol. Question:How do the server say to he do not break connecting after long time inaction,that what must to do client to a server do not break connecting? I;m saluting....

  1. HTTP protocol and long time inaction of client.

    We have yourself HTTP protocol.
    Question:How do the server say to he do not break connecting after long time
    inaction,that what must to do client to a server do not break connecting?
    I;m saluting.

  2. Re: HTTP protocol and long time inaction of client.

    In article ,
    Miros?aw Makowiecki wrote:

    > We have yourself HTTP protocol.
    > Question:How do the server say to he do not break connecting after long time
    > inaction,that what must to do client to a server do not break connecting?

    There's no way to prevent the server from closing idle connections.
    Read section 8.1.4 of RFC 2616.

    > I;m saluting.

    Are we in the military?

    --
    Barry Margolin, barmar@alum.mit.edu
    Arlington, MA

  3. Re: HTTP protocol and long time inaction of client.

    Barry Margolin wrote:

    > In article ,
    > Miros?aw Makowiecki wrote:
    >
    >> We have yourself HTTP protocol.
    >> Question:How do the server say to he do not break connecting after long
    >> time inaction,that what must to do client to a server do not break
    >> connecting?

    > There's no way to prevent the server from closing idle connections.
    > Read section 8.1.4 of RFC 2616.
    >
    >> I;m saluting.

    > Are we in the military?

    I have sure a bad english polish dictionary !
    I thought that salute this pozdrawiać!

  4. Re: HTTP protocol and long time inaction of client.

    In article ,
    Mirosław Makowiecki wrote:

    > Barry Margolin wrote:
    >
    > > In article ,
    > > Miros?aw Makowiecki wrote:
    > >> I;m saluting.

    > > Are we in the military?
    > >

    > I have sure a bad english polish dictionary !
    > I thought that salute this pozdrawiać!

    The phrase you want is "thanks in advance".