The speed a mode of keep-alive and a mode of close if HTTP protocol - TCP-IP

This is a discussion on The speed a mode of keep-alive and a mode of close if HTTP protocol - TCP-IP ; Which times is this mode of "Connection:keep-alive" fastest than mode of "Connecion: Close". I'm souluting yours....

  1. The speed a mode of keep-alive and a mode of close if HTTP protocol

    Which times is this mode of "Connection:keep-alive" fastest than mode
    of "Connecion: Close".
    I'm souluting yours.

  2. Re: The speed a mode of keep-alive and a mode of close if HTTP protocol

    On Jun 24, 6:09 pm, Barry Margolin wrote:
    > In article ,
    > Miros?aw Makowiecki wrote:
    >
    > > Which times is this mode of "Connection:keep-alive" fastest than mode
    > > of "Connecion: Close".
    > > I'm souluting yours.

    > If you want to download multiple files from the same server, keep-alive
    > allows you to start the second download as soon as the first one
    > completes, without having to wait for a new connection to be opened.
    > You could also do this by opening the second connection before the first
    > download finishes, but this may waste resources on the client and server.

    Also, keep in mind that an actual "Connection: keep-alive" is a legacy
    feature. For HTTP 1.1, connections are kept alive by default.

    DS

+ Reply to Thread