Looking for half duplex simulation algorithm - TCP-IP

This is a discussion on Looking for half duplex simulation algorithm - TCP-IP ; Hi Everybody, I'm working in an application which enables clients to transmit audio to each other in full duplex. We want to make the system half duplex - what we are going to do is compare the incoming Audio wave ...

  1. Looking for half duplex simulation algorithm

    Hi Everybody,

    I'm working in an application which enables clients to transmit audio
    to each other in full duplex.
    We want to make the system half duplex - what we are going to do is
    compare the incoming
    Audio wave to the outgoing, and if the outgoing wave is stronger - we
    are going to broadcast.
    If not, (Outgoing < Incoming) then we are going to block it.
    Is Anyone familiar with algorithm how do such comparison ( what to
    convert - average, pick ?)

    Thanks,
    Ron

  2. Re: Looking for half duplex simulation algorithm

    On 07 Jun 2007, Ronen Yacov wrote:

    > I'm working in an application which enables clients to transmit audio
    > to each other in full duplex.
    > We want to make the system half duplex - what we are going to do is
    > compare the incoming
    > Audio wave to the outgoing, and if the outgoing wave is stronger - we
    > are going to broadcast.
    > If not, (Outgoing < Incoming) then we are going to block it.
    > Is Anyone familiar with algorithm how do such comparison ( what to
    > convert - average, pick ?)

    If you have a question about transmitting audio over TCP/IP, this is
    the place. Your question would probably be better asked on
    comp.programming or maybe on an audio group.

    Dave

    --
    D.a.v.i.d T.i.k.t.i.n
    t.i.k.t.i.n [at] a.d.v.a.n.c.e.d.r.e.l.a.y [dot] c.o.m

+ Reply to Thread