New Networking Tool - 3D Environment - TCP-IP

This is a discussion on New Networking Tool - 3D Environment - TCP-IP ; Has anybody seen the new networking tool 'Eve'? I haven't seen it mention on usenet at all so thought I'd post about it. Its a radical new idea in network management where the traffic is turned into a 3D visualization. ...

  1. New Networking Tool - 3D Environment

    Has anybody seen the new networking tool 'Eve'? I haven't seen it
    mention on usenet at all so thought I'd post about it. Its a radical
    new idea in network management where the traffic is turned into a 3D
    visualization. You can mode around like a FPS videogame. The authours
    say it makes managing a network much more intuative. Granted it's a
    little light on the ground in terms of features, they do have an
    impressive road map lined up and offer users the ability to vote on
    future development paths. So unique software and a unique development
    model.

    You can't really understand until you've see it in action - they have
    youtube videos at http://www.whitedust.net/eve/media.php

    I'd love to know what you guys think...

    -Jake.

  2. Re: New Networking Tool - 3D Environment

    In case anyone spotted my earlier post about the new networking tool
    Eve. They have released the latest version of the software (1.2)
    today. It includes a long list of add-ons, fixes, changes, new
    features, etc. There is now a linux version of the Agent which listens
    to network traffic and logs it to a database. If you log your traffic
    then we can play it back later - kind of like CCTV for your network.

    Not only that, but they're built in a traceroute-like function which
    shows just how far away hosts are from you. This can help track down
    latency problems and such.

    Get the new version at http://www.whitedust.net/eve/

  3. Re: New Networking Tool - 3D Environment

    In case anyone spotted my earlier post about the new networking tool
    Eve. They have released the latest version of the software (1.2)
    today. It includes a long list of add-ons, fixes, changes, new
    features, etc. There is now a linux version of the Agent which listens
    to network traffic and logs it to a database. If you log your traffic
    then we can play it back later - kind of like CCTV for your network.

    Not only that, but they're built in a traceroute-like function which
    shows just how far away hosts are from you. This can help track down
    latency problems and such.

    Get the new version at http://www.whitedust.net/eve/

+ Reply to Thread