what is multiplexing and demultiplexing in TCP or UDP? - TCP-IP

This is a discussion on what is multiplexing and demultiplexing in TCP or UDP? - TCP-IP ; I can't understand the multiplexing and demuliplexing concept in TCP and UDP. Would you like to give me an explanation and an example?...

  1. what is multiplexing and demultiplexing in TCP or UDP?

    I can't understand the multiplexing and demuliplexing concept in TCP
    and UDP. Would you like to give me an explanation and an example?

  2. Re: what is multiplexing and demultiplexing in TCP or UDP?

    On May 26, 8:26 pm, Thinking wrote:
    > I can't understand the multiplexing and demuliplexing concept in TCP
    > and UDP. Would you like to give me an explanation and an example?

    Any number of things could be referred to as "multiplexing" or
    "demultiplexing" in the context of TCP or UDP. It would help if you
    asked a specific question.

    DS

  3. Re: what is multiplexing and demultiplexing in TCP or UDP?

    On 5月27日, 上午11时49分, David Schwartz wrote:
    > On May 26, 8:26 pm, Thinking wrote:
    >
    > > I can't understand the multiplexing and demuliplexing concept in TCP
    > > and UDP. Would you like to give me an explanation and an example?

    > Any number of things could be referred to as "multiplexing" or
    > "demultiplexing" in the context of TCP or UDP. It would help if you
    > asked a specific question.
    >
    > DS

    Would you like to give me an example to should the concept?

  4. Re: what is multiplexing and demultiplexing in TCP or UDP?

    Thinking wrote:
    > On 5月27日, 上午11时49分, David Schwartz wrote:
    >> On May 26, 8:26 pm, Thinking wrote:
    >>
    >>> I can't understand the multiplexing and demuliplexing concept in TCP
    >>> and UDP. Would you like to give me an explanation and an example?

    >> Any number of things could be referred to as "multiplexing" or
    >> "demultiplexing" in the context of TCP or UDP. It would help if you
    >> asked a specific question.
    >>
    >> DS

    > Would you like to give me an example to should the concept?

    Is this for a homework problem or takehome exam ? It sure sounds like it.

+ Reply to Thread