Timestamping - TCP-IP

This is a discussion on Timestamping - TCP-IP ; hi... I am trying to timestamp the departure and arrival of TCP packets in my system. Can kernel 2.6 help me ? How if yes? Or do i need to modify it...

  1. Timestamping

    hi...
    I am trying to timestamp the departure and arrival of TCP packets
    in my system. Can kernel 2.6 help me ? How if yes? Or do i need to
    modify it

  2. Re: Timestamping

    pushkar.rvce@gmail.com wrote:
    > I am trying to timestamp the departure and arrival of TCP packets
    > in my system. Can kernel 2.6 help me ? How if yes? Or do i need to
    > modify it

    Which kernel 2.6? Linux 2.6 or Solaris 2.6 or something else? ISTR
    that the Linux kernel does have options to timestamp packets on
    arrival. Of course, with things like NIC interrupt coalescing, just
    how "useful" those timestamps might be is up in the air.

    rick jones