How to implement MIB browser - TCP-IP

This is a discussion on How to implement MIB browser - TCP-IP ; Hi, I'm trying to implement SNMP manager and MIB browser using SNMP4J. I don't have problems with snmp manager, but I have no idea how to code MIB browser. Where can I find informations about object's name, description, etc? Do ...

  1. How to implement MIB browser

    Hi,

    I'm trying to implement SNMP manager and MIB browser using SNMP4J.
    I don't have problems with snmp manager, but I have no idea how to
    code MIB browser.
    Where can I find informations about object's name, description, etc?
    Do I need any mib files?
    Could anyone tell me how to start ?

    Marta

  2. Re: How to implement MIB browser

    On Mar 4, 11:45 am, "marta" wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I'm trying to implement SNMP manager and MIB browser using SNMP4J.
    > I don't have problems with snmp manager, but I have no idea how to
    > code MIB browser.
    > Where can I find informations about object's name, description, etc?
    > Do I need any mib files?
    > Could anyone tell me how to start ?

    If I'm understanding your question correctly, yes, you need to get the
    MIBs for each device you expect to interact with. These are published
    by the vendors, although there are a number of collections around the
    Internet, for example, ftp://ftp.isi.edu/mib.

  3. Re: How to implement MIB browser

    In comp.protocols.snmp robertwessel2@yahoo.com wrote:

    > If I'm understanding your question correctly, yes, you need to get the
    > MIBs for each device you expect to interact with. These are published
    > by the vendors, although there are a number of collections around the
    > Internet, for example, ftp://ftp.isi.edu/mib.

    This URL points to one of the most outdated MIB module archive on the
    Internet. I assume it is easy to find places that have more current
    collections to offer.

    /js

    --
    Juergen Schoenwaelder Jacobs University Bremen
    P.O. Box 750 561, 28725 Bremen, Germany

+ Reply to Thread