xp pro sp2 - enlarge tcp/ip limit - TCP-IP

This is a discussion on xp pro sp2 - enlarge tcp/ip limit - TCP-IP ; Hi everyone, I'm trying ro use a p2p tv program but it doesn't work. the error message says that I need to enlarge the tcp ip limit connection that with XP pro sp2 is 10. I've already tryied the patch ...

  1. xp pro sp2 - enlarge tcp/ip limit

    Hi everyone,
    I'm trying ro use a p2p tv program but it doesn't work. the error message
    says that I need to enlarge the tcp ip limit connection that with XP pro sp2
    is 10.
    I've already tryied the patch "EvID4226Patch" I've found with google, but
    it doesn't work...
    Could anyone help me?
    thank you very much
    by
    Alex

  2. Re: xp pro sp2 - enlarge tcp/ip limit

    On Mar 2, 6:22 am, "ppooll" wrote:
    > Hi everyone,
    > I'm trying ro use a p2p tv program but it doesn't work. the error message
    > says that I need to enlarge the tcp ip limit connection that with XP pro sp2
    > is 10.
    > I've already tryied the patch "EvID4226Patch" I've found with google, but
    > it doesn't work...
    > Could anyone help me?

    Install Windows 2003 Server.

  3. Re: xp pro sp2 - enlarge tcp/ip limit

    On Mar 2, 4:22 am, "ppooll" wrote:

    > I'm trying ro use a p2p tv program but it doesn't work. the error message
    > says that I need to enlarge the tcp ip limit connection that with XP pro sp2
    > is 10.

    You don't say which program or give us the error message.

    > I've already tryied the patch "EvID4226Patch" I've found with google, but
    > it doesn't work...

    You don't tell us *what* went wrong. Were you unable to install the
    patch? Do you still get the same error? A different one?

    > Could anyone help me?

    Perhaps someone with ESP could.

    DS

  4. Re: xp pro sp2 - enlarge tcp/ip limit

    the program is TVANTS which is a p2p tv program.
    the patch went wrong because the error message of the TVANTS program is
    always the same :"you need to enlarge the tcp IP limit connection...".
    Apparently the patch is installed correctly, but it doesn't work.

    Excuse me, what is ESP?
    Thank you very much

    Alex
    "David Schwartz" ha scritto nel messaggio
    news:1172881200.875646.92980@30g2000cwc.googlegrou ps.com...
    > On Mar 2, 4:22 am, "ppooll" wrote:
    >
    >> I'm trying ro use a p2p tv program but it doesn't work. the error message
    >> says that I need to enlarge the tcp ip limit connection that with XP pro
    >> sp2
    >> is 10.

    > You don't say which program or give us the error message.
    >
    >> I've already tryied the patch "EvID4226Patch" I've found with google,
    >> but
    >> it doesn't work...

    > You don't tell us *what* went wrong. Were you unable to install the
    > patch? Do you still get the same error? A different one?
    >
    >> Could anyone help me?

    > Perhaps someone with ESP could.
    >
    > DS

  5. Re: xp pro sp2 - enlarge tcp/ip limit

    On Mar 4, 11:37 pm, "ppooll" wrote:

    > the program is TVANTS which is a p2p tv program.
    > the patch went wrong because the error message of the TVANTS program is
    > always the same :"you need to enlarge the tcp IP limit connection...".
    > Apparently the patch is installed correctly, but it doesn't work.

    Google for 'TVANTS' and 'SP2' (since it is SP2 that causes your
    problem).

    I would recommend trying to tune TVANTS to reduce the number of half-
    open connections it makes at once rather than trying to patch XP. I
    consider bithacking your OSes networking code to be pretty dicey.

    > Excuse me, what is ESP?

    ESP is the ability to read someone's mind and know what they're
    thinking without them having to speak it or type it.

    DS

+ Reply to Thread