Accessing NAS device locate at my local network from the internet - TCP-IP

This is a discussion on Accessing NAS device locate at my local network from the internet - TCP-IP ; Hi Group A simple question, I hope At my local network at home I have a NAS-device which is setup to a static ip-address (192.168.2.10) When I'm accessing it behind my local router, there is no problem. The problem occurs ...

  1. Accessing NAS device locate at my local network from the internet

    Hi Group

    A simple question, I hope

    At my local network at home I have a NAS-device which is setup to a
    static ip-address (192.168.2.10)

    When I'm accessing it behind my local router, there is no problem. The
    problem occurs when I'm trying to access it from outsede the internet

    I can connect to it using ftp though, by redirecting port 21 to the
    device but I cannot mp a network drive which is want I want. I have
    tried redirecting every port the the device and disble firewall in the
    router, but nothing helps.

    Is there a sollution to this problem

    I'm using:

    Local router: Linksys BEFSX41
    NAS drive : Synology 106e

    Thanks in advance

    /jesper

  2. Re: Accessing NAS device locate at my local network from the internet

    In article ,
    Jesper Axelsen wrote:

    > Hi Group
    >
    > A simple question, I hope
    >
    > At my local network at home I have a NAS-device which is setup to a
    > static ip-address (192.168.2.10)
    >
    > When I'm accessing it behind my local router, there is no problem. The
    > problem occurs when I'm trying to access it from outsede the internet
    >
    > I can connect to it using ftp though, by redirecting port 21 to the
    > device but I cannot mp a network drive which is want I want. I have
    > tried redirecting every port the the device and disble firewall in the
    > router, but nothing helps.

    If you have a broadband connection, it's very common for the ISPs to
    block the ports used for SMB. This is because many broadband customers
    have Windows file sharing turned on without any access restrictions, so
    they were unknowingly making their shares available to the entire
    Internet.

    --
    Barry Margolin, barmar@alum.mit.edu
    Arlington, MA