Need the list of interfaces on a system, both, Ethernet and Virtual interfaces - TCP-IP

This is a discussion on Need the list of interfaces on a system, both, Ethernet and Virtual interfaces - TCP-IP ; hi! I am looking for a method to find out the list of interfaces, both - Ethernet and Virtual interfaces, using system calls. Can anyone please let me know. { is there a way to acheieve the same using 'ioctl' ...

  1. Need the list of interfaces on a system, both, Ethernet and Virtual interfaces

    hi!
    I am looking for a method to find out the list of interfaces, both -
    Ethernet and Virtual interfaces, using system calls.

    Can anyone please let me know.

    { is there a way to acheieve the same using 'ioctl' system call}

    Please do repond, with a solution/reference

    Thanking you all in anticipation

    Sarsij Nayanam
    +91-9886990585

  2. Re: Need the list of interfaces on a system, both, Ethernet and Virtual interfaces

    Sarsizz wrote:
    > hi!
    > I am looking for a method to find out the list of interfaces, both -
    > Ethernet and Virtual interfaces, using system calls.
    >
    > Can anyone please let me know.
    >
    > { is there a way to acheieve the same using 'ioctl' system call}
    >

    > Please do repond, with a solution/reference

    With TCP/IP for VSE, open a control connection with the "SOCKET OPEN
    ,CONTROL" macro, SOCKET SEND,CONTROL the command "query links", then
    SOCKET RECEIVE,CONTROL the results, and parse as needed.

    Or did you have a system other than zVSE in mind?

+ Reply to Thread