sen file to remote pc over internet - TCP-IP

This is a discussion on sen file to remote pc over internet - TCP-IP ; using tracert i get the lan ip,ip of isp ..... to final destination each time the ip in between ip of isp ..... to final destination ip is different how is it possible to send a file from a lan ...

+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: sen file to remote pc over internet

  1. sen file to remote pc over internet

    using tracert i get the lan ip,ip of isp ..... to final destination

    each time the ip in between ip of isp ..... to final destination ip is
    different

    how is it possible to send a file from a lan pc to a remote pc over
    internet

    (with out utils like pcanywhere....)


    another thought was setup a website to which each pc will update its
    local ip and ISP ip
    so the next question is to how to direct the file or packets to the ISP
    and then to lan of the remote PC.
    can VNC achive this.
    is it possible to use winsock for this purpose.
    base line is i dont want to get a web server for this


  2. Re: sen file to remote pc over internet

    In article <1156928443.797564.18520@b28g2000cwb.googlegroups.c om>,
    areejan2000@yahoo.com wrote:

    > using tracert i get the lan ip,ip of isp ..... to final destination
    >
    > each time the ip in between ip of isp ..... to final destination ip is
    > different


    Many ISPs have redundant links, and packets will take different paths.
    But you don't need to know the IPs in between, TCP/IP takes care of this
    automatically.

    >
    > how is it possible to send a file from a lan pc to a remote pc over
    > internet
    >
    > (with out utils like pcanywhere....)


    The PC has to be running a server of some kind to receive the file.

    >
    >
    > another thought was setup a website to which each pc will update its
    > local ip and ISP ip
    > so the next question is to how to direct the file or packets to the ISP
    > and then to lan of the remote PC.


    If you know the PC's IP, TCP/IP will automatically direct things to the
    correct ISP.

    If the PC's IP changes, you can make use of a dynamic DNS service like
    dyndns.org or tzo.com to assign a DNS name that will be updated
    automatically.

    > can VNC achive this.
    > is it possible to use winsock for this purpose.
    > base line is i dont want to get a web server for this


    You can run an FTP server on the PC.

    --
    Barry Margolin, barmar@alum.mit.edu
    Arlington, MA
    *** PLEASE post questions in newsgroups, not directly to me ***
    *** PLEASE don't copy me on replies, I'll read them in the group ***

  3. Re: sen file to remote pc over internet

    >>If you know the PC's IP, TCP/IP will automatically direct things to the
    >>correct ISP.


    the remote pc IP is private.so is mine

    how does pcanywhere acomplish this?


    Barry Margolin wrote:
    > In article <1156928443.797564.18520@b28g2000cwb.googlegroups.c om>,
    > areejan2000@yahoo.com wrote:
    >
    > > using tracert i get the lan ip,ip of isp ..... to final destination
    > >
    > > each time the ip in between ip of isp ..... to final destination ip is
    > > different

    >
    > Many ISPs have redundant links, and packets will take different paths.
    > But you don't need to know the IPs in between, TCP/IP takes care of this
    > automatically.
    >
    > >
    > > how is it possible to send a file from a lan pc to a remote pc over
    > > internet
    > >
    > > (with out utils like pcanywhere....)

    >
    > The PC has to be running a server of some kind to receive the file.
    >
    > >
    > >
    > > another thought was setup a website to which each pc will update its
    > > local ip and ISP ip
    > > so the next question is to how to direct the file or packets to the ISP
    > > and then to lan of the remote PC.

    >
    > If you know the PC's IP, TCP/IP will automatically direct things to the
    > correct ISP.
    >
    > If the PC's IP changes, you can make use of a dynamic DNS service like
    > dyndns.org or tzo.com to assign a DNS name that will be updated
    > automatically.
    >
    > > can VNC achive this.
    > > is it possible to use winsock for this purpose.
    > > base line is i dont want to get a web server for this

    >
    > You can run an FTP server on the PC.
    >
    > --
    > Barry Margolin, barmar@alum.mit.edu
    > Arlington, MA
    > *** PLEASE post questions in newsgroups, not directly to me ***
    > *** PLEASE don't copy me on replies, I'll read them in the group ***



  4. Re: sen file to remote pc over internet


  5. Re: sen file to remote pc over internet

    In article <1156997459.701373.197460@74g2000cwt.googlegroups.c om>,
    areejan2000@yahoo.com wrote:

    > >>If you know the PC's IP, TCP/IP will automatically direct things to the
    > >>correct ISP.

    >
    > the remote pc IP is private.so is mine


    That's an important detail, why didn't you mention that in your original
    post?

    >
    > how does pcanywhere acomplish this?


    I'm not familiar with the specifics of PCAnywhere, but in most cases you
    accomplish this type of thing by configuring port forwarding on one of
    the routers.

    --
    Barry Margolin, barmar@alum.mit.edu
    Arlington, MA
    *** PLEASE post questions in newsgroups, not directly to me ***
    *** PLEASE don't copy me on replies, I'll read them in the group ***

  6. Re: sen file to remote pc over internet

    do pcanywhere connect through their server .

    i am trying to send file from pc to pc (both private IP)

    (using VB , prog. lang not relevent in this forum ,i know.)

    i am using isdn line at both ends

    this thread
    http://www.directorforum.de/showthread.php?t=40848 shows
    some light.


    is it posible to configure the isdn router/modem (?) for this purpose?

    what about FTP server

    somebody throw some 'more' light on this






    Barry Margolin wrote:
    > In article <1156997459.701373.197460@74g2000cwt.googlegroups.c om>,
    > areejan2000@yahoo.com wrote:
    >
    > > >>If you know the PC's IP, TCP/IP will automatically direct things to the
    > > >>correct ISP.

    > >
    > > the remote pc IP is private.so is mine

    >
    > That's an important detail, why didn't you mention that in your original
    > post?
    >
    > >
    > > how does pcanywhere acomplish this?

    >
    > I'm not familiar with the specifics of PCAnywhere, but in most cases you
    > accomplish this type of thing by configuring port forwarding on one of
    > the routers.
    >
    > --
    > Barry Margolin, barmar@alum.mit.edu
    > Arlington, MA
    > *** PLEASE post questions in newsgroups, not directly to me ***
    > *** PLEASE don't copy me on replies, I'll read them in the group ***



  7. Re: sen file to remote pc over internet


    areejan2000@yahoo.com wrote:

    > i am trying to send file from pc to pc (both private IP)


    There are really only three ways to do this:

    1) On at least one of the PCs, ideally on both, you configure some form
    of port forwarding on the device that does NAT so that the other PC can
    make an inbound connection to it.

    2) On a third machine that has a public IP address you set up some form
    of server that forwards messages between the two PCs and, if possible,
    helps them set up a direct connection. (google for 'STUN').

    3) On a third machine that has a public IP address, you set up a web
    server, ftp server, or similar. One machine can drop of messages or
    files or whatever on that third machine. The other machine can probe it
    periodically.

    DS


+ Reply to Thread