how can we set vlan priority at socket level - TCP-IP

This is a discussion on how can we set vlan priority at socket level - TCP-IP ; hi all, i want to set vlan priority per socket.....but im not getting how to.... can anyone please help me in this..... how can we set vlan priority at socket level regards, jyoti...

  1. how can we set vlan priority at socket level

    hi all,

    i want to set vlan priority per socket.....but im not getting how
    to....

    can anyone please help me in this.....

    how can we set vlan priority at socket level

    regards,
    jyoti

  2. Re: how can we set vlan priority at socket level

    Hello,

    swadhin a écrit :

    > how can we set vlan priority at socket level

    On which operating system ?

    For instance, on Linux, you could set the skb-priority field with the
    SO_PRIORITY socket option. Then, with the set_egress_map option of the
    vconfig utility, you could set the VLAN priority vlan-qos field in
    outbound packets according to the skb-priority field.

  3. Re: how can we set vlan priority at socket level

    Pascal Hambourg wrote:

    > Hello,
    >
    > swadhin a écrit :
    > >
    > > how can we set vlan priority at socket level

    > On which operating system ?
    >
    > For instance, on Linux, you could set the skb-priority field with the
    > SO_PRIORITY socket option. Then, with the set_egress_map option of the
    > vconfig utility, you could set the VLAN priority vlan-qos field in
    > outbound packets according to the skb-priority field.

  4. Re: how can we set vlan priority at socket level

    thanks for your replay....

    will this code work....

    int opt = PRIORITY << 5;
    setsockopt(mysocks[i], SOL_IP, IP_TOS, &opt, sizeof(opt));
    opt = PRIORITY;
    setsockopt(mysocks[i], SOL_SOCKET, SO_PRIORITY, &opt, sizeof(opt));

    can u please tell detailly....

    thanks,
    jyoti
    Pascal Hambourg wrote:

    > Hello,
    >
    > swadhin a écrit :
    > >
    > > how can we set vlan priority at socket level

    > On which operating system ?
    >
    > For instance, on Linux, you could set the skb-priority field with the
    > SO_PRIORITY socket option. Then, with the set_egress_map option of the
    > vconfig utility, you could set the VLAN priority vlan-qos field in
    > outbound packets according to the skb-priority field.

  5. Re: how can we set vlan priority at socket level

    hi Pascal,

    as we suggested below if we set the option......then is that will be
    per interface or per socket...

    i want to set the VLAN priority per Socket not per Interface.....

    regards,
    jyoti

    Pascal Hambourg wrote:

    > Hello,
    >
    > swadhin a écrit :
    > >
    > > how can we set vlan priority at socket level

    > On which operating system ?
    >
    > For instance, on Linux, you could set the skb-priority field with the
    > SO_PRIORITY socket option. Then, with the set_egress_map option of the
    > vconfig utility, you could set the VLAN priority vlan-qos field in
    > outbound packets according to the skb-priority field.

  6. Re: how can we set vlan priority at socket level

    swadhin a écrit :

    > as we suggested below if we set the option......then is that will be
    > per interface or per socket...

    Per socket, and possibly per interface.
    SO_PRIORITY sets the packet priority for a given socket. set_egress_map
    sets the VLAN priority for a given VLAN interface and packet priority.

    > i want to set the VLAN priority per Socket not per Interface.....

    If your box has several VLAN interface, then you need to set the same
    set_egress_map options in all the VLAN interface.

    Please :
    1) Don't repeat messages. It won't give you more answers.
    2) Don't shout (write in caps). It hurts.
    3) Don't reply to my From address. Use my Reply-To address instead. If
    you reply in the newsgroup, don't send me a private copy, I'll read the
    newsgroup|list.

+ Reply to Thread