ipv6 info - TCP-IP

This is a discussion on ipv6 info - TCP-IP ; Suppose I wanted to make an IPv6 implementation, where would you begin looking for info? Is there good source code available somewhere of existing implementations?...

  1. ipv6 info

    Suppose I wanted to make an IPv6 implementation, where would you begin
    looking for info? Is there good source code available somewhere of existing
    implementations?

  2. Re: ipv6 info

    "Serve Laurijssen" writes:
    > Suppose I wanted to make an IPv6 implementation, where would you begin
    > looking for info? Is there good source code available somewhere of existing
    > implementations?

    Have you tried searching via google.com?

    You can get source for many different IPv6 implementations. There's
    one in Open Solaris:

    http://www.opensolaris.org/

    another in BSD:

    http://www.kame.net/

    yet another related one in Linux:

    http://www.linux-ipv6.org/

    Note that IPv6 is usually just one component of an overall system. If
    you want source for IPv6 _alone_, that might be much harder to come
    by, but also less likely useful.

    --
    James Carlson, KISS Network

  3. Re: ipv6 info

    "James Carlson" wrote in message
    > "Serve Laurijssen" writes:
    >> Suppose I wanted to make an IPv6 implementation, where would you begin
    >> looking for info? Is there good source code available somewhere of
    >> existing
    >> implementations?

    > Have you tried searching via google.com?

    I had, only found kame though. thanks

+ Reply to Thread