can any body suggest me a way to boot with PXE image while Fire Wall is enabled on PXE Server? - TCP-IP

This is a discussion on can any body suggest me a way to boot with PXE image while Fire Wall is enabled on PXE Server? - TCP-IP ; Hello, I have a problem with my windows Fire wall on my PXE Server. the problem is if I enable the Firewall on the my PXE Server then my client is not able to get the PXE images. Rather the ...

  1. can any body suggest me a way to boot with PXE image while Fire Wall is enabled on PXE Server?

    Hello,

    I have a problem with my windows Fire wall on my PXE Server.

    the problem is if I enable the Firewall on the my PXE Server then my
    client is not able to get the PXE images. Rather the client is stuck at

    DHCP.......

    can any body suggest me a way to boot with PXE image while Fire Wall is
    enabled on PXE Server?

    Thanks and Regards
    Babu

  2. Re: can any body suggest me a way to boot with PXE image while Fire Wall is enabled on PXE Server?

    On Wed, 17 May 2006 02:32:29 -0700, pxe wrote:

    > Hello,
    >
    > I have a problem with my windows Fire wall on my PXE Server.
    >
    > the problem is if I enable the Firewall on the my PXE Server then my
    > client is not able to get the PXE images. Rather the client is stuck at
    >
    > DHCP.......
    >
    > can any body suggest me a way to boot with PXE image while Fire Wall is
    > enabled on PXE Server?

    Open op ports 68 and 69 udp?

    M4
    --
    Redundancy is a great way to introduce more single points of failure.

  3. Re: can any body suggest me a way to boot with PXE image while Fire Wall is enabled on PXE Server?

    hi but how do I open a port in windows Firewall?

    Thanks and Regards
    Babu

  4. Re: can any body suggest me a way to boot with PXE image while Fire Wall is enabled on PXE Server?

    On Thu, 18 May 2006 01:34:22 -0700, pxe wrote:

    > hi but how do I open a port in windows Firewall?

    By asking in a Windows group?

    M4
    --
    Redundancy is a great way to introduce more single points of failure.

+ Reply to Thread