Tethereal and capture autostop conditions? - TCP-IP

This is a discussion on Tethereal and capture autostop conditions? - TCP-IP ; Hello, Can anyone help! I am attempting to use tethereal to capture data using the capture autostop condition , but cannot seem to find the correct combination of command line parameters to get this work. The question is can i ...

  1. Tethereal and capture autostop conditions?

    Hello,

    Can anyone help!

    I am attempting to use tethereal to capture data using the capture autostop
    condition , but cannot seem to find the correct combination of
    command line parameters to get this work.

    The question is can i use the -a capture autostop condition
    without having to also specifiy the -w switch. I do not wish to have the
    output saved as raw but as pdml format.

    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

    Steve

  2. Re: Tethereal and capture autostop conditions?

    On Thu, 11 May 2006 10:44:32 +0100, spartacus wrote:

    > Hello,
    >
    > Can anyone help!
    >
    > I am attempting to use tethereal to capture data using the capture autostop
    > condition , but cannot seem to find the correct combination of
    > command line parameters to get this work.
    >
    > The question is can i use the -a capture autostop condition
    > without having to also specifiy the -w switch. I do not wish to have the
    > output saved as raw but as pdml format.

    I don't know why it doesn't work, but you can always write to a file using
    -w and then convert to pdml using -r.

    M4
    --
    Redundancy is a great way to introduce more single points of failure.

+ Reply to Thread