some doubts on Tcp/ip suite - TCP-IP

This is a discussion on some doubts on Tcp/ip suite - TCP-IP ; Hi all I am a beginner in this domain. foiiowing are some questions that were asked me in different interviews.Expecting the answers from u all..... 1.why it is called "TCP/IP" but not "UDP/IP"? 2.In FTP transmission which is used TCP ...

  1. some doubts on Tcp/ip suite

    Hi all
    I am a beginner in this domain. foiiowing are some questions that were
    asked me in different interviews.Expecting the answers from u all.....

    1.why it is called "TCP/IP" but not "UDP/IP"?
    2.In FTP transmission which is used TCP or UDP?
    3. In which TCP layer "ping" sits?
    4. what are the types of LSA (link state algorithm) OSPF use?
    5. How to overload a BGP router?
    6.How to configure a 2 networks(1st uses RIP, 2nd uses OSPF) thru BGP?

  2. Re: some doubts on Tcp/ip suite

    In article <1146822863.662497.82460@j33g2000cwa.googlegroups.c om>,
    Miku wrote:
    >I am a beginner in this domain. foiiowing are some questions that were
    >asked me in different interviews.

    >Expecting the answers from u all.....

    You expect each of the hundreds or thousands of people reading
    your message to respond? And to respond with accurate and useful
    answers?

    If you expect answers from us all, then you believe we have some
    kind of obligation to answer you. What is the nature of that
    obligation, and what do we get in return? Since you could look up
    this information yourself, will you pay us each our usual consulting
    rate for the time we spend answering?

  3. Re: some doubts on Tcp/ip suite

    "Miku" wrote:

    > Hi all
    > I am a beginner in this domain. foiiowing are some questions that were
    > asked me in different interviews.Expecting the answers from u all.....

    The point of them asking these questions is to find out how experienced
    YOU are with TCP/IP. If you want to be able to answer questions like
    these, you should read books and web pages, and get experience runing
    networks, not just repeat the questions here.

    --
    Barry Margolin, barmar@alum.mit.edu
    Arlington, MA

  4. Re: some doubts on Tcp/ip suite

    Miku wrote:
    > I am a beginner in this domain. foiiowing are some questions that were
    > asked me in different interviews.....

    God only knows how you made it as far as the interview stage for any
    position requiring such knowledge. Probably by the intervention of some
    human resources faggot.

  5. Re: some doubts on Tcp/ip suite

    On 2006-05-05, Miku wrote:

    > Hi all
    > I am a beginner in this domain. foiiowing are some questions that were
    > asked me in different interviews.Expecting the answers from u all.....

    This is more proof (ignoring the flame-bait part of this) that the
    world of computing has turned from the 1980's / mid-1990's spirit of
    helping each other out in forums like newsgroups to this annoying
    "GIMME!" generation that doesn't care to think, has no interest in
    thinking, and would rather slap together generic parts and generic
    mediocrity into complex systems under the direction of idiot
    bean-counters with too much power, that then we get together in this
    newsgroup to figure out.

    Hell of a way to make a buck. I'd rather figure out how to get IPv6
    or the next generation of space-IPv4 out to Jupiter.

    /dmfh

    ----
    __| |_ __ / _| |_ ____ __
    dmfh @ / _` | ' \| _| ' \ _ / _\ \ /
    \__,_|_|_|_|_| |_||_| (_) \__/_\_\
    ----

  6. Re: some doubts on Tcp/ip suite

    DMFH wrote:
    > On 2006-05-05, Miku wrote:
    >
    > > Hi all
    > > I am a beginner in this domain. foiiowing are some questions that were
    > > asked me in different interviews.Expecting the answers from u all.....

    > This is more proof (ignoring the flame-bait part of this) that the
    > world of computing has turned from the 1980's / mid-1990's spirit of
    > helping each other out in forums like newsgroups to this annoying
    > "GIMME!" generation that doesn't care to think, has no interest in
    > thinking, and would rather slap together generic parts and generic
    > mediocrity into complex systems under the direction of idiot
    > bean-counters with too much power, that then we get together in this
    > newsgroup to figure out.

    I would think that, even back in the "good old days" (i.e. 12-14 hour
    days , that a question like -

    "I don't have a clue about networking, but I, too, want to get a
    high-paying job in the computer networking industry - how about giving
    me some pat answers to these question, so I can fool the
    (understandably clueless HR) interviewer, get the job, screw up the
    job, and then leave it to the professionals to come in behind me and
    clean up the mess - with a brassed off manager breathing down their
    necks"

    - would still have been flame-bait.

    And ... why are they asking about OSPF? Hey ... wait ... an
    according-to-GOSIP government job? Maybe it would serve the OP right
    to get the job!

+ Reply to Thread