RTCP - format of jitter - TCP-IP

This is a discussion on RTCP - format of jitter - TCP-IP ; Hello, in RFC-3550, page 33, I read that the interarrival jitter is measured in timestamp units and expressed as an unsigned integer. But what is the timestamp unit? Is it RTP timestamp or NTP timestamp? Thanks in advance! Franz...

  1. RTCP - format of jitter

    Hello,

    in RFC-3550, page 33, I read that the interarrival jitter is measured
    in timestamp units and expressed as an unsigned integer.

    But what is the timestamp unit? Is it RTP timestamp or NTP timestamp?

    Thanks in advance!
    Franz

  2. Re: RTCP - format of jitter

    It is RTP timestamp.
    Refer to rfc3550, pg 14. It is also mentioned that timestamp is used to
    measure the interarrival jitter...

+ Reply to Thread