How connect to IRC-SERVERS ? - TCP-IP

This is a discussion on How connect to IRC-SERVERS ? - TCP-IP ; Hi, I am about experimenting with IRC using DOS-WATTCP. If I connect to a server at port 6667, I always get the message like " wait a moment .....Identserver..." . Where can I get information about getting connected to IRC-SERVERS. ...

  1. How connect to IRC-SERVERS ?

    Hi,

    I am about experimenting with IRC using DOS-WATTCP.

    If I connect to a server at port 6667, I always get the message

    like " wait a moment .....Identserver..." .

    Where can I get information about getting connected to IRC-SERVERS.

    werner

    mailreply: delete x in e-mail address

  2. Re: How connect to IRC-SERVERS ?

    dxosps2@arcor.de wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I am about experimenting with IRC using DOS-WATTCP.
    >
    > If I connect to a server at port 6667, I always get the message
    >
    > like " wait a moment .....Identserver..." .
    >
    > Where can I get information about getting connected to IRC-SERVERS.
    >
    > werner
    >
    > mailreply: delete x in e-mail address

    have yo uconsidered experimenting with trying to connect to IRC servers
    over telnet
    telnet irc.undernet.org 6667

    http://hacks.oreilly.com/pub/h/1963
    http://ezine.daemonnews.org/199907/irchack.html

    I didnt' really manage it, it told me to register first. I don't know
    what that means, since Undernet doesn't have registration afaik. it's
    first come first serve. And if it meant my nick was somebody elses, it
    wasn't.
    Apparently you can register - in some sense - here, I might try it, if
    I do ,i'll report back
    http://help.undernet.org/faq.php?what=cservice

+ Reply to Thread