API to configure IP address? - TCP-IP

This is a discussion on API to configure IP address? - TCP-IP ; I would like to find a platform independant utility/API that is able to be able to set IP address, netmask, gateway. Ability to set net bonding and analyse hardware & connection detail. Plus hostname and local hosts table. The aim ...

  1. API to configure IP address?

    I would like to find a platform independant utility/API that is able to be able to set IP address, netmask, gateway. Ability to set net bonding and analyse hardware & connection detail. Plus hostname and local hosts table.

    The aim is to be able to create a Java / Web installer to configure a server with the network settings on a specific NIC, plus other set-up features. I need this to be the same under Windows and Linux (SuSE & Debian are typical). They all have very different ways to do this.

    Ideas?

  2. Re: API to configure IP address?

    I dont think you will find an "API" for this. My suggestion would be to determine the host OS first, and then issue the appropriate interface commands for the OS in question.

+ Reply to Thread