How reach NIST server with macro's? - TCP-IP

This is a discussion on How reach NIST server with macro's? - TCP-IP ; Hello, this is my first post here, hope I'm not in the wrong place... I have a program called Flowcode that creates code for microcontrollers. I have a hardware component that connects the controller with the internet via TCP-IP and ...

  1. How reach NIST server with macro's?

    Hello, this is my first post here, hope I'm not in the wrong place...

    I have a program called Flowcode that creates code for
    microcontrollers.
    I have a hardware component that connects the controller with the
    internet via TCP-IP and other protocols if needed.

    The module:
    http://www.wiznet.co.kr/rg4_board/down.php?&ss[st]=1&ss[sc]=1&ss[t]=search&kw=7010a&bd_num=15865&key=0&mode=down&bbs_code=en_pds

    Now I want to reach the NIST server: 129.6.15.28 port 13 with this
    component but it doesnt work..

    Anyone an idea how I can setup a connection like that I use via
    telnet?

    My idea is to create a TCP-socket port 13
    The TCP connect to 129.6.15.28 port 13
    Read if data is available
    If so, read the length of the data
    If not, wait for available data.

    If there is data available I need to read this and filter it.
    Is there someone that can tell me if with these steps I'm on the right
    track?

    Is there another step I must do to be sure to reacht the NIST server,
    collect the data it sends right after a connection, and the close the
    connection?

    All help is welcome!

  2. Re: How reach NIST server with macro's?

    In article ,
    test@testnospam.nl wrote:

    > Hello, this is my first post here, hope I'm not in the wrong place...
    >
    > I have a program called Flowcode that creates code for
    > microcontrollers.
    > I have a hardware component that connects the controller with the
    > internet via TCP-IP and other protocols if needed.
    >
    > The module:
    > http://www.wiznet.co.kr/rg4_board/down.php?&ss[st]=1&ss[sc]=1&ss[t]=search&kw=
    > 7010a&bd_num=15865&key=0&mode=down&bbs_code=en_pds
    >
    > Now I want to reach the NIST server: 129.6.15.28 port 13 with this
    > component but it doesnt work..
    >
    > Anyone an idea how I can setup a connection like that I use via
    > telnet?
    >
    > My idea is to create a TCP-socket port 13
    > The TCP connect to 129.6.15.28 port 13
    > Read if data is available
    > If so, read the length of the data
    > If not, wait for available data.
    >
    > If there is data available I need to read this and filter it.
    > Is there someone that can tell me if with these steps I'm on the right
    > track?

    TCP doesn't provide any way to "read the length of the data". You
    should just keep reading until the server closes the connection.

    --
    Barry Margolin, barmar@alum.mit.edu
    Arlington, MA

  3. Re: How reach NIST server with macro's?

    >> If there is data available I need to read this and filter it.
    >> Is there someone that can tell me if with these steps I'm on the right
    >> track?

    >TCP doesn't provide any way to "read the length of the data". You
    >should just keep reading until the server closes the connection.

    Thanks for your reply.
    I'm working with a program that has macro's to do this.
    Knowing the length of the buffer is a good thing to read the incoming
    data.

    But I would like to know what steps I need to take to read a NIST
    servers reply.

  4. Re: How reach NIST server with macro's?

    In article ,
    test@testnospam.nl wrote:

    > >> If there is data available I need to read this and filter it.
    > >> Is there someone that can tell me if with these steps I'm on the right
    > >> track?

    > >TCP doesn't provide any way to "read the length of the data". You
    > >should just keep reading until the server closes the connection.
    > >

    > Thanks for your reply.
    > I'm working with a program that has macro's to do this.
    > Knowing the length of the buffer is a good thing to read the incoming
    > data.
    >
    > But I would like to know what steps I need to take to read a NIST
    > servers reply.

    Just read it. It's one line of text, followed by EOF.