Using OpenSSL with non-blocking sockets - TCP-IP

This is a discussion on Using OpenSSL with non-blocking sockets - TCP-IP ; Hi, I'm trying to add SSL/TLS support to an FTP server I wrote by using the Python bindings of openSSL: http://docs.python.org/dev/library/ssl.html#module-ssl Since my FTP server implementation is asynchronous I'm trying to figure out how to use openSSL with non blocking ...

  1. Using OpenSSL with non-blocking sockets

    Hi,
    I'm trying to add SSL/TLS support to an FTP server I wrote by using
    the Python bindings of openSSL:
    http://docs.python.org/dev/library/ssl.html#module-ssl
    Since my FTP server implementation is asynchronous I'm trying to
    figure out how to use openSSL with non blocking sockets but I haven't
    had much luck so far.
    I was wondering if does exist some paper which specifically treats the
    use of OpenSSL with non blocking sockets.
    I tried to google about it but I didn't find anything useful.

    Thanks in advance to anyone who'll help me

    --- Giampaolo
    http://code.google.com/p/pyftpdlib/

  2. Re: Using OpenSSL with non-blocking sockets

    Giampaolo Rodola' wrote:
    > I was wondering if does exist some paper which specifically treats the
    > use of OpenSSL with non blocking sockets.
    > I tried to google about it but I didn't find anything useful.

    See Eric Rescorla's book on SSL and TLS.

    This is very tricky stuff.

  3. Re: Using OpenSSL with non-blocking sockets

    On Sep 18, 4:52*pm, EJP wrote:
    > Giampaolo Rodola' wrote:
    > > I was wondering if does exist some paper which specifically treats the
    > > use of OpenSSL with non blocking sockets.
    > > I tried to google about it but I didn't find anything useful.

    > See Eric Rescorla's book on SSL and TLS.
    >
    > This is very tricky stuff.

    Eric Resconda's website includes a two-part tutorial on how to use
    OpenSSL. The second part touches briefly on non-blocking clients:

    "OpenSSL Examples" at http://www.rtfm.com/openssl-examples/

+ Reply to Thread